Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I like this guy already and I've never even met him :laugh:
He's a little eccentric, extremely animated, and I think his volume knob is stuck on 11. But he's genuinely a nice guy and definitely makes work fun and interesting for sure. :D

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
That’s awesome it worked out well! Time for a lesson in the driveway.
true dat....i'm also going to buy the big 4 way lug wrenches for my son and daughter since sometimes it's very difficult to loosen the lug nuts with the crappy little tool that comes with the car

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Since he doesn't have internet or tv maybe go with him to a game??? He'd probably love it.
I'm sure he would. Not a bad idea. I'm going to the Montreal game next month with a bunch of people, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go to another game ;)

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I am so upset - as some of you may recall, my mother took her life in June. Her first attempt was May 2021 by drug overdose. Those drugs were provided by a doctor who is a friend of my SIL (nurse). He never saw her, never talked to her, knew zero about her health....he prescribed large numbers of narcotics to her for sleep because her family doc wouldn't give her them. She used those to OD, she survived.

We filed a complaint against the doctor in the summer of 2021, the outcome from the College of Physicians and Surgeons came down and we got the result yesterday. A slap on the wrist, the doctor promised not to do this again. Doctors are not allowed to prescribe for patients they have never had any contact with. Now we have a choice, sue the doctor or appeal. With the suicide of my Mom (not by drugs since she couldn't get them anymore) and the death of my father this week, I have no energy. I can't fight anymore but it is just so unethical.

Sorry, had to vent and try to get this out of my system.
I'm so sorry you are going through this! You must feel exhausted. You are supported by your friends here.

Western medicine is a pathogenic system...meaning they treat a blanket of symptoms without considering the whole individual. We would benefit so much greater with a salutogenic whole-body approach to healthcare. (especially mental health care)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
true dat....i'm also going to buy the big 4 way lug wrenches for my son and daughter since sometimes it's very difficult to loosen the lug nuts with the crappy little tool that comes with the car
I’m not even joking, that’s an amazing gift for a newer driver. I’ve had the same one for over 20 years and even though it doesn’t fit nicely in my car now i still drive with it clanking around under the seats. I don’t think I’d have been able to get the job done a few times without it. The ol’ stomp on one end and pull up the other at the same time! Back breaker, but it works

Reactions: Kovi and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
@Troublesome 85

They are putting a Kellys in Worcester later this year or early next year. Any recommendations?

Don't see how it beats NERB or Major League but i'll try it.
The biggest difference between Kelly’s and MLRB and NERB is the onion rings. The other places do beer battered with thick covering while Kelly’s are more flaky and the kind you’d get from a fish fry place. I love Kelly’s rings so I’m good if they come to Worcester.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
@Troublesome 85

They are putting a Kellys in Worcester later this year or early next year. Any recommendations?

Don't see how it beats NERB or Major League but i'll try it.

3 way roast beef is always a good choice.

The biggest difference between Kelly’s and MLRB and NERB is the onion rings. The other places do beer battered with thick covering while Kelly’s are more flaky and the kind you’d get from a fish fry place. I love Kelly’s rings so I’m good if they come to Worcester.

They have people just making rings all shift.

Last time I went for food very few people. Place isnt doing that well.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Well someone called in a bomb threat during the Murdaugh trial against the judge.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wild scene in SPHL as team no-shows for its own home game!

If you showed up to watch a hockey game at David S. Palmer Arena in Danville, Illinois this past weekend you were in for a disappointment. However, at least you got to witness a bizarre little moment in history.

That's because the home team Vermillion County Bobcats of the Souther Professional Hockey League (SPHL) failed to show up for their scheduled game against the Quad City Storm. That's right... the home team didn't show up.

The Storm bused in from nearly 200 miles away, skated in warmups, lined up for the National Anthem, took the opening faceoff against no opponent, skated a lap around the ice and then saluted the few dozen members of the "crowd" before earning themselves a forfeit victory.

“SPHL drama in Danville, where host Vermilion County never showed up for game vs Quad City. It’s a forfeit win for QC. Most bizarre thing I’ve seen in 40 years covering pro hockey.” Dave Eminian of the Journal Star tweeted, along with a video from the crowd.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If some of you might be looking for a funny little story, I hope you like this...

As we all know, the Bruins are having a tremendous season, and as you might imagine, they are a nightly topic of conversation at work.

I'm part of a team of four electricians working 3-11pm at a local military base, and the four of us have gotten pretty close over the time we've been there. Three of us, including myself, are huge Boston sports fans and we have some very great discussions while we work. The fourth member of our little squad (let's call him "John," since that's his name) is an older gentleman who hasn't paid any attention to the sports world since he played his last high school football game.

So, John - growing tired of not having much to add to our very intense discussions - starts asking questions about teams, players, rivalries, histories, etc. He started watching the NFL playoffs, and has really dove into the sports world. He has no internet, and no cable TV at home (not even a cell phone!), so he hasn't been watching the Bruins - yet that is the team he's most fascinated with!!! In an attempt to kind of bring him up to speed, I've lent him books ("Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins," among others), lent him my "History of the Boston Bruins," and my 2011 Stanley Cup Championship DVDs, and printed out all kinds of stuff from "Hockey Reference." At break time he's reading through all kinds of material and even taking notes! He's literally trying to cram a lifetime of fandom into as little time as he can. This has been going on for about two weeks now.

Last night one of the other guys and myself were talking about Connor Bedard and whether he may or may not pan out as a top pick. I am of the opinion that if Bedard ends up in Montreal, they will absolutely ruin him. The pressure will be crushing, and I think the media up there will eat him alive. They have too many needs, and he's not going to be the savior that they're looking for. Leaving my personal feelings aside, I just don't think that is an ideal spot for a Number One Overall pick to land - and I said as much to my buddy at work. From across the workshop John pipes up in his VERY loud and booming voice, "I've only been learning about the Bruins - Canadiens Rivalry for two weeks! After everything I've heard you guys talk about, and from what I've read and seen just in that short time - I HATE THOSE F*CKERS TOO!!!"

He said it with so much anger that the veins were popping out of his neck. I couldn't help but laugh.

I guess you're never too old to learn :D

You've taught him well, young grasshopper! :laugh:

I think Bedard is unruinable though, even by the Habs. Elite talent finds a way no matter where it lands.

Reactions: rfournier103

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
3 way roast beef is always a good choice.

They have people just making rings all shift.

Last time I went for food very few people. Place isnt doing that well.
It’s really one of those things. If you grew up on it, you love it. If you’re late to the game, it’s a hit or miss kind of reaction. Those onion rings are like crack though. I crave them still.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i like burger kings onion rings the best. they are damn good

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Its going in on Gold Star where the Volvo showroom used to be. Jersey Mikes I believe is going in that plaza too as well as some readymed type thing.

Pretty ballsy to set up right near NERB.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Its going in on Gold Star where the Volvo showroom used to be. Jersey Mikes I believe is going in that plaza too as well as some readymed type thing.

Pretty ballsy to set up right near NERB.
Oh, wow. That is literally right on top of New England Roast Beef. At least that gives me options. If one is too busy, I can always hit the other one up. Plus, NERB/MLRB are more than just roast beef. They have great steak and cheeses and other subs as well as boneless wings.

FWIW, I had Jersey Mike's over the summer for the first time. For a chain it's not bad. It's expensive, but they don't cheat you on the sandwich.

i like burger kings onion rings the best. they are damn good
Those are very tasty, especially for fast food, but man they make my stomach do flips.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Oh, wow. That is literally right on top of New England Roast Beef. At least that gives me options. If one is too busy, I can always hit the other one up. Plus, NERB/MLRB are more than just roast beef. They have great steak and cheeses and other subs as well as boneless wings.

FWIW, I had Jersey Mike's over the summer for the first time. For a chain it's not bad. It's expensive, but they don't cheat you on the sandwich.

Those are very tasty, especially for fast food, but man they make my stomach do flips.

On the rare occasion the wife and I are out by MLRB and happen to go for lunch I always see about 20 things that look delicious on the menu and I always end up with Roast Beef

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
NERB was the hangover spot in college; that or Gold Star Diner. Blue Jeans, Ernie's or Green Street for late night delivery and NERB the next day after a Dunks run.

God I miss college.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
It’s really one of those things. If you grew up on it, you love it. If you’re late to the game, it’s a hit or miss kind of reaction. Those onion rings are like crack though. I crave them still.

Its beach food and its not located near a beach and they banked on nostalgia. People 50s and up arent going to want it as much as the business will need to survive and about the location again its right by like 20 restaurants.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
There are better roast beef sandwiches than Kelly's in pretty much any roast beef place on the north shore, but it's decent.

Kelly's is the GOAT of hot dogs. Their chicken fingers and honey mustard is also a delight, and they make a mean grilled cheese.

• Haha

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
NERB was the hangover spot in college; that or Gold Star Diner. Blue Jeans, Ernie's or Green Street for late night delivery and NERB the next day after a Dunks run.

God I miss college.
Blue jeans has underrated pizza and wingsz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad