GDT: Sir Svechy and his band of merry Hurricanes face off against the villainous band of the knights of gold

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
And played like absolute dog piss in each and every game we played on the road last year in the playoffs. It took one bad game at home to ruin the season because we were non competitive away from our arena.
Freddie horse shot first goal set the tone. His play is not up to SC standards against the Easts’s juggernaut of teams and if this is what we get play that kid.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I feel like this is a big playoff year for the core of the team. They have to prove that they are capable of stepping up in the crunch because our front office definitely seems to be primed to make a big trade and if they go offensively inept again in the playoffs I could see the urgency to get that done ramp up significantly, with possibly having to move out a player or 2 to make it happen.
This I agree with 100%. Would’ve been true if they won this game 4-0 or lost 4-0.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Down 1-0, Noessen had an open net and slid it across the goal mouth; nine of ten times he scores on that play. Aho had 1/3 of an open net and hits Gibson in the chest; maybe not 90%, but he's going to convert a lot in that situation. Ref blows a play dead too early and takes away a Canes goal. I think a lot of people forget how much what can almost be termed "luck" can effect a hockey game.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the L, but I don't think the sky is falling, either.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I hope the Canes have gotten all of their stinker games out of them for what few games are left; especially before tomorrow's game against New Jersey.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that tomorrow's game is legitimately the biggest one of the season so far. If barely any teams can help us with beating New Jersey, then it's a Major League movie moment of "f*** you Jobu, I do it myself."

Starting the playoffs 1st in the division is huge for the wild card match up. Let the stronger teams destroy/eliminate each other.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. That was some stellar defense with just 2 rush attempts surrendered and very disciplined posture in the house. Nothing but hope plays.
And coaching. Seems a few of them have our number once again re: game strategy and appear to make creative adjustments easier than the Canes do this time of the year.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Rod sent Cassidy packing last year literally. I have my doubts about this franchise winning it all myself but let's not make too much out of losses to a good Vegas team. These losses to them really haven't been coaching oriented. Players have to play better and the borg needs to provide better players (i.e. Puljujarvi as the sole forward acquisition ain't it if you're seriously trying to compete for a Cup).

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Rod sent Cassidy packing last year literally. I have my doubts about this franchise winning it all myself but let's not make too much out of losses to a good Vegas team. These losses to them really haven't been coaching oriented. Players have to play better and the borg needs to provide better players (i.e. Puljujarvi as the sole forward acquisition ain't it if you're seriously trying to compete for a Cup).
I haven't kept tabs, is Pacioretty missing the post-season for sure?

I'm not sure if the borg went after Meier hard enough. Could be they did but just didn't have a chance to begin with.

I guess this game wasn't just for the sudden (two game) scoring drought but also Freddie losing the goalie duel to Sir Jonathan D. Quickwhistle, Esq., not at all preferred by the refs...

(That said, I've only caught the highlights, so I'm mostly talking out of my ass as usual.)

Reactions: Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I haven't kept tabs, is Pacioretty missing the post-season for sure?
Yes, and a good part of the beginning of the next season.

His operation in Turku was noted in the Finnish media in January for being the first for a NHL player.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
While I wanted another forward as well, there was only one I identified who could legitimately lead/carry this team to a Cup if the current core didn’t step up.

And that required both Kane rekindling the fire and being willing to play in Carolina.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad