Confirmed with Link: Sir Patrick Roy named Isles head coach!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Meh, Roy didn't handle himself particularly well here when the going got tough either. He also quit on the avs just before training camp.

He's a highly combustible figure.
That was 10 years ago. He might matured, he might have changed. He proved he can win with the remparts at the Q level. And it's not peewee level, lol.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Hmm.. peak Roy/Vernon... Roy probably still wins lol

I watched that game! Great memories and thanks for posting.

Yup, we are lucky.... (same age as i you saw your post the other day happy birthday late sorry) searching for this fight was fun, a lot of people hate on Mario around here but he was quite THE warrior, saw the fight against Stan Jonathan they where throwing punches like crazy and nobody got hurt lol.

Hockey was slowly back in the day but those rivalry where amasing

Attachments

• 1705987514856.png
    1705987514856.png
    157 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1705987800637.png
    1705987800637.png
    157 bytes · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: HabbyGuy and Tyson

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Just realized, the Roy circus will be in Montreal on thursday!!! LOL....................man the media are gonna have a ball with the beard less Patrick!!
Lou and Patrick seem like such an Odd Couple.
The crowd will be on their feet for St. Patrick, will be fun.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Just realized, the Roy circus will be in Montreal on thursday!!! LOL....................man the media are gonna have a ball with the beard less Patrick!!
Lou and Patrick seem like such an Odd Couple.
Odd couples seem like a good thing in hockey, as long as they don't feud. Varied perspective is good.

I don't have much patience for power trip dress codes, though. Someone should tell Lou where he can shove his facial hair fetish. "You signed me, if you are going to pay me not to play because you don't like my personal grooming so be it."

Or maybe it's just to eliminate players who won't change their look for the team? They should force the clean-shaven guys to grow beards.

Reactions: BLONG7

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He’s my favourite goalie of all time. Don’t care for the person he betrays himself outside of the crease.
It’s kind of like Sting.

For those of us who are old enough to remember, he was briefly the biggest rock star on the planet. THE GUY. Freaking Kevin Bacon tried to style his hair like Sting in Footloose. The Police and Sting brand of sunglasses came because of him. Constantine is based on him. He was offered the role of Kyle Reese in The Terminator…. :laugh:

Then he left The Police and went towards an adult contemporary career. He was still cool for a few years but then just kinda played way to mellow music. His Police work is still everywhere. You hear it every day (whether you want to or not) but I never hear his solo stuff.

Roy was a badass goalie. Killer attitude and he was loved for a reason. Few goalies can be put in his league. But as a coach… no thanks.

Sting is in the HOF with the Police. Roy is in the HOF as a goalie. Neither will get there for their work afterwards.

And that’s your GenX analogy of the day. :)

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I will never forget the 86 playoffs against the Rangers...I remember thinking "who the F is this scrawny kid with the white mask"?

The 3rd game of this serie was probably his best ever, Rangers players and fans could not believe what they where seeing......me neither

Reactions: Tyson

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It’s kind of like Sting.

For those of us who are old enough to remember, he was briefly the biggest rock star on the planet. THE GUY. Freaking Kevin Bacon tried to style his hair like Sting in Footloose. The Police and Sting brand of sunglasses came because of him. Constantine is based on him. He was offered the role of Kyle Reese in The Terminator…. :laugh:

Then he left The Police and went towards an adult contemporary career. He was still cool for a few years but then just kinda played way to mellow music. His Police work is still everywhere. You hear it every day (whether you want to or not) but I never hear his solo stuff.

Roy was a badass goalie. Killer attitude and he was loved for a reason. Few goalies can be put in his league. But as a coach… no thanks.

Sting is in the HOF with the Police. Roy is in the HOF as a goalie. Neither will get there for their work afterwards.

And that’s your GenX analogy of the day. :)
Roy was the goalie I grew up with. He was the reason I became a goalie. I was too young for Dryden and envy anyone who got to experience that time period for many reasons. I think what made Roy so relatable for a lot of young goalies outside of just his style is the fact he wasn’t superhuman all the time. He had incredible highs with a lot of lows. I’d argue Price was actually more consistent then him before the injuries. Battling adversity is something you have to learn to deal with if you want to last as a goalie and Roy had plenty which is something I think people forgot over time.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad