Post-Game Talk: Singh sings, McDavid redeems himself

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He's really making that Campbell contract look terrible. Albeit, Campbell's play doesn't help with the optics as well.

Skinner's entire make up screams starting number 1 goalie. His stoicism has to instill confidence when he's in net.

Absolutely.

I read Stoic philosophy everyday as well and there’s a reason they call it the philosophy of kings and emperors. It makes you a better person.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Glad the boys were able to gut that one out and get the 2pts. Skinner has been unbelievable this season and his w/l record needs to reflect that better.

Another f'in embarrassment by the officiating team. Do they find these clowns in a dumpster?

Oilers need to practice not getting penalties.
Based on that game the Oilers need to be like the Knights in knowing how to get away with interference better. It's a skill to get away with infractions. It pays off to do so like Pietrangelo cleverly taking down Janmark or the many little picks. I'm choosing to believe we aren't getting picked on by refs. We just need to know how to hide it better. I would hope Woodcroft gets the idea to actually practice it.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
One of the few games I've seen lately... but wow... we do miss Kane. Lots of grinders that can't finish and watching the Golden Knights make crisp passes and plays versus our D who shoot it out of the zone...

The flashes of elite skill show us we could be so much better.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Uhhhh......sometimes it's not.....

F7EC423E-4264-4171-A802-3993498A7317.gif

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Still amazing and I will still say I think it went in, based on how it was "kicked out" by Hill, but there won't be any clear video of it
I just went frame-by-frame, you can see the puck under his knee the whole time and it didn't cross the line. Hell of a play by McDavid though

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
McDavid so good. Love watching.
Also don't mind Singh as much as many others here. His call on the OT goal cracked me up :).

Lol that goal call was as bad as the goal was good.

McDavid is amazing. Singh is well.... Singh, not so much with the sing.

All I can say is, thank goodness I was watching the Vegas feed. Singh is unbearable. lol. McDavid with 2 points and now 16 goals in 18 games. Good bounce back game from him. He needed this.

Singh reminds me of Kevin Quinn but with a worse voice. Constantly behind the play, doesn't know what to say most of the time, occasionally makes up new words.

Is this Singh guy our guy or is he a part timer? That call was up there with the worst of all time.

Just rewatched the McD goal. Singhs voice cracked worse than mine during my Jr high days.

Yeh we were the better team that night but they were opportunistic. I think we’ll win it, they are due for a loss anyways

just off topic, I think Singh has the enthusiasm but the pitch and tone seems slightly off during his goal calls. Feels like he's straining his vocal cords too much. If he can figure out the best range for himself, and maybe do some research on some Rod Philips pitch during his calls. It might help give that extra punch to push him to the next level as a color guy.
Also recommend a vocal coach to help strengthen his vocal and lung endurance for a nice long goal call.
Cheers! GG

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Fun game yesterday. (I watched it late, again, in Japan.)

Very entertaining, but weird -- it seemed there was a problem with the ice...? Players were falling down, the puck was bobbling, McDavid lost the handle on clean possession three or four times....

Anyway, I have to be happy with the Oilers' effort, and particularly when ALL THREE of the Knight's goals were kind of flukes: One a bizarre bounce, one an undeserved penalty shot, and one scored on tired players after an utterly awful icing call.

(What is with these asleep-at-the-wheel linesmen and icing calls in Oilers' recent games?)

Leon and Connor were both 'on', anyway. And this Kostin fellow looks good.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Foegele>>>>>Puljujarvi
Sadly, we're now at that point.

I will say for Yamamoto that there are some things he does well even when he's not scoring (which is most of the time --- but, even then, he at least has a 20-goal season under his belt). But Puljujarvi doesn't really do much of anything at this point. Nor does he score. Nor does he score with the puck on his stick in the low slot and 8 or 10 chances to beat a goalie.

With his contract (and his attitude--he thinks he's a 1st-liner), they can't send him down or scratch him. So, it's kind of a pickle. Either he plays his way back into the good books with 8 goals in his next 20 games... or they trade him. One extreme or the other has to occur -- it can't go like it is.

Holloway is a little similar in that he's clearly not NHL ready at this stage. (Remember when y'all were predicting big things from his this year after his hot pre-season, and myself, @Drivesaitl, and one or two others -- who've been around the block a few times -- were saying, "Nah. It's pre-season. It means jack squat." Remember this next time a 20-year-old scores pre-season hat tricks.) They need to send Holloway down so he can play, get his confidence back, and try it again next season or whenever. I think he'll be a good NHL player sooner or later, but he's hurting the team right now.

Not sure what to do with Yamamoto. I like the player very much, but at some point you've got to produce. Third line until he starts scoring, I guess.

Reactions: Duke74 and McSuper

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Sadly, we're now at that point.

I will say for Yamamoto that there are some things he does well even when he's not scoring (which is most of the time --- but, even then, he at least has a 20-goal season under his belt). But Puljujarvi doesn't really do much of anything at this point. Nor does he score. Nor does he score with the puck on his stick in the low slot and 8 or 10 chances to beat a goalie.

With his contract (and his attitude--he thinks he's a 1st-liner), they can't send him down or scratch him. So, it's kind of a pickle. Either he plays his way back into the good books with 8 goals in his next 20 games... or they trade him. One extreme or the other has to occur -- it can't go like it is.

Holloway is a little similar in that he's clearly not NHL ready at this stage. (Remember when y'all were predicting big things from his this year after his hot pre-season, and myself, @Drivesaitl, and one or two others -- who've been around the block a few times -- were saying, "Nah. It's pre-season. It means jack squat." Remember this next time a 20-year-old scores pre-season hat tricks.) They need to send Holloway down so he can play, get his confidence back, and try it again next season or whenever. I think he'll be a good NHL player sooner or later, but he's hurting the team right now.

Not sure what to do with Yamamoto. I like the player very much, but at some point you've got to produce. Third line until he starts scoring, I

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad