Post-Game Talk: Singh sings, McDavid redeems himself

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I remember this article but forgot that it talked about the Blumel situation.

What I'm hearing about the Oilers offseason: The latest on Adam Larsson, Oscar Klefbom, Kraken plans and more

The pertinent info:

“Holland said Blumel didn’t want to sign a contract, which was fine with him. Barry, who represents Blumel, said there wasn’t much interest from the Oilers in signing his client and the decision to part ways was “mutual in a sense.””

So it doesn’t sound like they “forgot”. It sounds like there was a rift of sorts, and depends on who you believe more.

Not sure the quote makes it any better honestly. Blumel was trending pretty nicely after his draft. Considering hes been good in the AHL and scored in his second NHL game, maybe the Oilers should of actually showed more interest. Who knows if Blumel will amount to much but he much further ahead than most of their prospects.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Glad the boys were able to gut that one out and get the 2pts. Skinner has been unbelievable this season and his w/l record needs to reflect that better.

Another f'in embarrassment by the officiating team. Do they find these clowns in a dumpster?

Oilers need to practice not getting penalties.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Like getting the win but….our defensive play is rubbish. So many unchallenged turnovers and giveaways throughout the game….weak checking and playing the man (ala no-contact hockey). Thankfully Skinner bailed us out.
What exactly is the coaching doing about that? It’s a repeating story that will undermine any success.
We’re talking very basic stuff here…it should be easy to understand.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Like getting the win but….our defensive play is rubbish. So many unchallenged turnovers and giveaways throughout the game….weak checking and playing the man (ala no-contact hockey). Thankfully Skinner bailed us out.
What exactly is the coaching doing about that? It’s a repeating story that will undermine any success.
We’re talking very basic stuff here…it should be easy to understand.
Duncan Keith's absence is sorely missed. We need a really solid 2nd pairing LD that will do 3 things: Take some pressure off Nurse's assignments/minutes, shelter Bouchard, drop Kulak down to 3rd pair minutes.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Asked my wife if I could have A and W for the massive Devils game. She said no…….

I really hope we can end their stupid streak
Brother, all joking aside, unless you have a major health issue no one should be telling you what you can and can't eat. She can of course have an opinion on whether it's good or bad for you and tell you that she's concerned about your diet, but at the end of the day eat what you want to eat while you are young enough to enjoy it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Duncan Keith's absence is sorely missed. We need a really solid 2nd pairing LD that will do 3 things: Take some pressure off Nurse's assignments/minutes, shelter Bouchard, drop Kulak down to 3rd pair minutes.
Remember when many were saying that Keith sucked, etc.? Guy was a serviceable 2nd pairing defender for us and his passing and experience did wonders for Bouch.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
E Kane on after hours was great

The Oilers really are the Island of Misfit Toys.

Remember when many were saying that Keith sucked, etc.? Guy was a serviceable 2nd pairing defender for us and his passing and experience did wonders for Bouch.

There's an 80's rock ballad for that.
"Don't know what you've got 'till it's gone".

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not sure the quote makes it any better honestly. Blumel was trending pretty nicely after his draft. Considering hes been good in the AHL and scored in his second NHL game, maybe the Oilers should of actually showed more interest. Who knows if Blumel will amount to much but he much further ahead than most of their prospects.

I don’t know. If he said he didn’t want to sign, I’m not sure if there is much more they could have done

Reactions: capazzo

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Still amazing and I will still say I think it went in, based on how it was "kicked out" by Hill, but there won't be any clear video of it
On twitter, if you pause the video you can swipe your finger along the time bar and it will go frame by frame as you swipe. The puck actually stays under his right leg the whole time (under Hill's knee) and you can kind of actually see it under the pad. It never comes close to crossing the line, probably stayed 8-10" in front of it.

I added some screen grabs:
Initial shot (5 hole), then McDavid takes a poke under his pad, puck under leg, puck visible.

Screenshot_20221120-104308.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-104320.png
    Screenshot_20221120-104320.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20221120-104335.png
    Screenshot_20221120-104335.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20221120-104402.png
    Screenshot_20221120-104402.png
    292.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: