- Houses +1 (2)
- Weight + 20 (250)
- Kiteboarding skill +80% (90)
- Surfing skill -50% (30)
- 2 Mile Run time +2:30 (16:30)
- 2 Min Pushups -25 (60)
- 2 Min Situps -10 (65)
- Angst level about Hurricanes: + Orders of Magnitude

I almost can't believe how long it has been since then. Time has flown by, especially in comparison for how long the previous decade took to unwind for me. The 90's flew by like that too.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
At one point, weren't you contemplating a move to Tampa Bay? or was that someone else?

That was me. We were scoping out houses. Then I took a sales engineer with my company. Starting making fat stacks. Did not move. Tampa Bay is very nice though. The issue is here jjst sets the bar too high. I now live in a suburban mega paradise with 25 miles of mountain bike trails in Chapel hill.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

This song was hip and cool and was driving the brand new Ferrari while dating the hot 23 y/o lingerie model while blasting the newest hip-hop beat.

Now this song is so uncool and unhip it totes around 3 little ones in a minivan with one of those stick-figure decals on the back window while listening to Lite 101.9 FM, Todays Best Soft Rock while the now 33 y/o former model is applying for The Real Housewives of Raleigh. Still hot though so theres that.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Since 2009, I have started growing lots of grey hair. I'm not even 30 yet.

Watching this team has aged me more than any US presidency ever could.

Man, my wife has this color preserving shampoo that's supposed to help dyed blonde hair stay blonde, and I ran out of my own stuff, so I was using that for a few weeks. Ended up with this kickass salt-and-pepper look, which really worked for me. Apparently it lightens dark hair by just stripping all the color out of it, but only does about 20% coverage, so unless your hair is actually dyed blonde, that's the result you get.

Of course, then she got upset at me using her $10 shampoo, so I went back to my usual "Whatever's cheapest at Walmart" stuff, and the salt and pepper went away, so now everybody probably thinks I'm dying the gray out of my hair now.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I was in my last year of college, I believe. Going out and watching playoff games, drinking way too much with Gin Antonic.

Graduated top of my class - left the industry three years later.

Stayed in a city I didn’t like for a girl I thought I loved.

Got the coolest cat ever.

Broke up with said girl and she moved to Texas to marry a 50 year old she met online.

Changed trades.

Travelled lots for work.

Got a second cat. He’s crazy.

Travelled to NC and SC for the first time for work. Grandfather passed while I was there.

Went to my first canes game in Raleigh the day before my 29th birthday. They got shut out.

First cat passed away. Lost my best buddy.

Travelled more for work.

Got great supervisory job with largest company in my field and moved closer to Ottawa.

Now have a big old historic house in a smaller city, close to my family and best friends. Project I’m on is so large I could be working at the same site for five years which is unheard of.

Life is good except for the whole canes being garbage part.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The Last time the Canes were in the playoffs, i took my long term gf to game 3 against the pens

Then I realized I wasnt straight and am engaged now. My fiancee has literally never seen me excited/not jaded about the Canes 4 years later

I win!!

Don’t let it out that being a Canes fan causes the gay, they might add shocker probes to the seats.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
last time the canes won the cup, the canes won the cup. we also made it to the the conference finals one more time before being complete and total crap. in my life? (not in order)
i can now legally drive with a permit
im now a freshman in highschool and will be a junior if everything goes to plan
i passed middle school
i got out of elementry school
i played NHL 2k 09 10 11 for a combined total of over 10,000 hours and have played over 30'000 hours in just a few video games in general and done 5 48 hour + spans of just gaming and eating
got my first playstation
my dog is now eleven and was 2
i am now 15 and was like 4 or 5
still haven't gotten a gf and don't plan to get one until i graduate unless i really like her and hopefully go to school for either broadcasting and become the next tripp tracey just not harvard. im full of useless facts so i should be able to do his job. or become a journalist for my own journal for the state of North Carolina's sports and maybe Tennessee South Carolina Virgina and Georgia featured on the site as they are directly touching the state.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad