Since the Canes Made the Playoffs...

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I like where the last GDT was going.

Go ahead everyone, tell us what life was like the last time the Canes made the playoffs.

Personally, I was a freshman in high school that fateful year. Now? I graduated college 1.5 years ago and am planning my wedding.

Other fun stuff:

- Blockbuster still existed
- Parks and Rec debuted that summer
- Obama had been president for about 4 months

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
The last time the Canes made the playoffs, I was dating a couple of chicks and went to every home playoff game with one, who is now my wife.
The last time the Canes made the playoffs, I was a contractor making $18.50/hr. Fortunately that is no longer the case.
The last time the Canes made the playoffs, I could drink hard on Friday and Saturday nights and not worry about laying in bed the entire next day. Now I fall asleep on the couch at 9:30 on Friday nights, and drink enough on Saturday's to fall asleep on the couch at 11:30, but am still miserable the next day and wake up at 7:00am to watch Bubble Guppies and play with baby dolls, counting down the minutes until my daughter's nap time, so I can do the same.
The last time the Canes made the playoffs, I was "skinny fat". Now, I have a Dad bod.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The last time the Canes made the playoffs I was 23, just moved into my starter home with my wife 2, dogs, and a cat, and got NHL center ice for the first time in my adult life.

Most significantly added our son to the mix during that time.

Only 1 job change, 1 home change, lost a cat, added new cat for other stuff.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I don’t think that’s true... I signed up in Feb 2009 with my personal email.

Correct, AD Skinner is Faux News. In the summer of 2008, I was captaining team of mostly college players who all told me I wasn't allowed to join FB because I was too old, then went to my 20-year reunion where I found out that I was nearly the only person who hadn't already joined.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Gotta figure that the people who have had the most interesting changes in their life since the spring of 2009 are those who were about 20 years old at the time. Old farts like me and Hank haven't seen a ton of change since then...thank god.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Gotta figure that the people who have had the most interesting changes in their life since the spring of 2009 are those who were about 20 years old at the time. Old farts like me and Hank haven't seen a ton of change since then...thank god.

Same here, other than the passing of a few relatives and a pet. Same wife, same house, same number of kids, same cars (except my son totalled one so had to get a new one). Hopefully they make the playoffs before the real changes start for me.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
A lot has changed and yet not much has changed in my house. Same house, but refinanced it a couple of times to get better rates. Lost two pets and have four more. My daughter went from elementary school to college in that span of time. I got my doctorate in there somewhere, but I work in the same area, so it doesn't feel like that big a change there. Probably the biggest change for us since the last time the Canes made the playoffs is my wife's health. Cancer and a bone marrow transplant and all of that crap really changes everything....nine years ago feels like a lifetime.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Wait until you get to the point where everyone playing in the league is younger than you...good times.

Ha! I'm nearly the same age as GMRF. Take that, you.

Plus, I read the thread title at first as a declarative: "Since the Canes Made the Playoffs!" As in, "since they made it (already), what are your plans to celebrate?" Sad.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
- Graduated college
- got my first Engineering job
- got my second Engineering job (first company shut down/moved)
- bought my first car
- moved to Winston Salem
- lived in 3 apartments in 2 different complexes
- been with my girlfriend for 4 years
- got a dog!!
- changed religious affiliation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad