Simply put, Dallas is not making the playoffs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Simply put, every overreacted thread on HF usually backfires sooner or later.

I like how some people use small sample sizes to "prove" something. I think we should have a credibility aspect to our profiles. Polls are set up and people vote. HF boards tracks the winners and losers and shows your data just like how many likes you receive. This should shut some cranky people up at times.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Well, whatever the personal problem was, Hitch's system would be even tougher for a player like Nichushkin to adjust to.

I never thought Hitch is a good fit to fix Dallas problems. And it shows.

Hitch's system has immediately improved the PK and PP substantially, not to mention the other problem areas which are showing improvement.

I agree that Nichushkin is not going to do well with Hitch or in a Hitchcock system in all likelihood. He isn't exactly blowing the doors off the KHL either. I kind of doubt he comes back or his impact if he does give it another try.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
They have had a relatively soft schedule to start the season and they have not looked good. It will only get worse and so will the Stars.

They cannot win on the road and they cannot score 5 on 5.

Their depth on the wing has to be bottom five in the league and there is zero A or even B prospects coming to help in that regard. If you are down in the dumps and you find yourself feeling lost, go ahead and look at the Stars wingers after Rads and Benn and just try not to laugh.

Bishop has been OK but he is not stealing games.

Big brained Nill's drafting has been absolutely horrific. Like, "How is he employed?" bad.

Spezza looks finished.

Hitchcock should have retired.

Source: Stars fan
Simply put, you spoke too soon and counted 20 games instead of 82. It's a damn long season

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
But I was told Dallas and Nashville would be tops in the west and that St. Louis and Winnipeg would be at the bottom of the conference.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't think I read anything on here about St. Louis being at the bottom of the West. Where are you getting your intel? :laugh:

Manufactured in his own head.

Multiple pre-season rankings had them at the bottom from various media outlets and even posters here. There is a guy here who posts for an HF affiliate that had STL at 24th in the league before the season and a the hockey guy at USA Today had the Blues at 29th.

So no. Not in my head [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So two small time bloggers predicted it and it was the gospel? It certainly isn't the consensus that you are implying it was.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hitch's system has immediately improved the PK and PP substantially, not to mention the other problem areas which are showing improvement.

I agree that Nichushkin is not going to do well with Hitch or in a Hitchcock system in all likelihood. He isn't exactly blowing the doors off the KHL either. I kind of doubt he comes back or his impact if he does give it another try.
All Hitch improvements have not resulted in a winning team. There is a pattern. The leades are wildly inconsistent. Bottom 6ers are scoring. Team is losing all the tough games. I've seen it before. It is a pattern of a team that is not using it's assets properly.

Don't forget tgat winning games is more important than being great on special teams.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Hahah thanks for the bump. The thread was born out of extreme frustration and a bit of booze.

Seriously as a fan of the team since the early 80s I'm glad they have turned it around but there is still alot of hockey left too.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Multiple pre-season rankings had them at the bottom from various media outlets and even posters here. There is a guy here who posts for an HF affiliate that had STL at 24th in the league before the season and a the hockey guy at USA Today had the Blues at 29th.

So no. Not in my head creppy stalker Perds fan who has to respond to every post I make. That's where the intel came from Mr. Pepper.

So two small time bloggers predicted it and it was the gospel? It certainly isn't the consensus that you are implying it was.

Are you really that dense? Or just internally acting like you cannot read? I don't remember every. single. article. I ever read on the preseason. I said "MULTIPLE" and gave some examples including a nationally recognized newspaper and someone who posts / writes for HF.

Seriously. Your agenda is tired and old. You don't like me because I didn't hop on the Perds bandwagon last year. Your whining / quoting / stalking of me is very sad.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
All Hitch improvements have not resulted in a winning team. There is a pattern. The leades are wildly inconsistent. Bottom 6ers are scoring. Team is losing all the tough games. I've seen it before. It is a pattern of a team that is not using it's assets properly.

Don't forget tgat winning games is more important than being great on special teams.
Uhh have you actually watched the Stars this season ? The past week or two aside, the Stars' biggest issue has been the lack of secondary scoring.

Also, 16-10-1. 11th in point %. Not sure why you keep saying that Dallas isn't a winning team.

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Who knew that secret to winning was there all along - just gotta wear the yellow laces.
They should just announce that they're wearing the yellow laces for the rest of the season. Teams try to break their skate laces, and the Stars beat them because of it

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Hahah thanks for the bump. The thread was born out of extreme frustration and a bit of booze.

Seriously as a fan of the team since the early 80s I'm glad they have turned it around but there is still alot of hockey left too.

I admit that beating Chicago back to back recently did make my nipples hard.

No problem

I can never bump my own threads cause they get locked

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Uhh have you actually watched the Stars this season ? The past week or two aside, the Stars' biggest issue has been the lack of secondary scoring.

Also, 16-10-1. 11th in point %. Not sure why you keep saying that Dallas isn't a winning team.
People will keep on trying to hang on talking about stats. I actually watch how the team plays. We just can wait and see. The problems of the team won't go away.

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Put up an interesting stat on the broadcast last night. Last time the Stars won 5 in a row, was November 12-21, 2015 (during their great season). I'm hoping they can keep this up, otherwise, I might die in waiting for the second cup

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

They are winning a lot these days. Now that they are finally getting scoring from their depth players. Not sure what you mean by leaders being wildly inconsistent. They were the only ones scoring for a long time.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I still think this team has it's fair share of warts. I like what Hitch has done for the special team and the latest winning streak is nice and all, but this is still a bubble/WC team. I just don't see them finishing ahead of the 3 teams in front of them in the central right now (NSH, STL, WPG).

This thread might be overreaction, but I still feel like this thread gets a few more bumps when the team streaks in either direction. It's just nice to know the Stars can put more than a few wins together at a time... a vast improvement over last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad