Prospect Info: Simon Robertsson

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not a bad draft. I am okay with it. Personally, I would have taken a flyer on Lambos instead of selecting Bolduc, but that is just me. I am certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. I will give it a B+.

Reactions: Mike Liut

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Not a bad draft. I am okay with it. Personally, I would have taken a flyer on Lambos instead of selecting Bolduc, but that is just me. I am certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. I will give it a B+.

Totally agree. Would always prefer D-men but Bolduc seems solid. Fourth-round pick of Galloway is interesting - big d-man from WHL who can skate and showing some offensive promise.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO

My feelings exactly. I would have liked one of the top available Dmen at 17 but we got a first round rated prospect with good offensive skills with the pick. It’s difficult to complain when we truly know so little about these kids. Especially after the last year with the pandemic.

We got two kids who seemingly have middle 6 potential as it stands today. Nice draft. Our forward prospect group is in pretty good shape now.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Scouting Report: Simon Robertsson - Smaht Scouting

No idea how he fell this far.

Watched him a lot, and this is a complete steal.

~1000 words from myself on him here.
I don’t know anything about this kid, but it seems you know his game pretty well.

do you feel his shortcomings(decision making-passing accurately) can be corrected. It’s clear he has a Tarasenko like shot, which is rare. But if he can clean up these smallish areas, he could be ready to cross the pond sooner than later.

Also, is he staying with his current team?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don’t know anything about this kid, but it seems you know his game pretty well.

do you feel his shortcomings(decision making-passing accurately) can be corrected. It’s clear he has a Tarasenko like shot, which is rare. But if he can clean up these smallish areas, he could be ready to cross the pond sooner than later.

Also, is he staying with his current team?

I think they can be... and if so he will round out into a good 2nd liner who can fill in on 1st line.

And yeh, will be at Skellefteå again this year seemingly if not loaned out. I think he should get a bigger role.

If he gets like ~0.35-40 P/GP next year in SHL? Well... that would prove that he fell way too far and is likely on track for the NHL.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I think they can be... and if so he will round out into a good 2nd liner who can fill in on 1st line.

And yeh, will be at Skellefteå again this year seemingly if not loaned out. I think he should get a bigger role.

If he gets like ~0.35-40 P/GP next year in SHL? Well... that would prove that he fell way too far and is likely on track for the NHL.
Thanks for the info!

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
I've heard that the Blues had Robertsson #2 on their board when they picked and were seriously considering him over Bolduc.

Reading scouting reports on Robertsson reminds me alot of how Tarasenko was being talked about in his draft year.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I've heard that the Blues had Robertsson #2 on their board when they picked and were seriously considering him over Bolduc.

Reading scouting reports on Robertsson reminds me alot of how Tarasenko was being talked about in his draft year.

Just wondering, is this from an interview by Feltrin/Vopat/Elvenes or something like that? Didn't read it anywhere yet, so just wondering. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad