Recalled/Assigned: Simon Edvinsson recalled from Grand Rapids

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
I'm still waiting for the teams to really lean into the popularization of burning ELC years early to get to a second contract before a major breakout happens. I just want to have two different universes where I can follow simultaneously and see which method ends up working out the best.

Are you sure you're Ken Holland? This seems like too deep of thinking for the real Ken Holland.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm still waiting for the teams to really lean into the popularization of burning ELC years early to get to a second contract before a major breakout happens. I just want to have two different universes where I can follow simultaneously and see which method ends up working out the best.
You’ve articulated my exact feelings on this. Burning an ELC year to beat a major breakout can be a boon to your cap, especially if you can get a long-term contract done. If we’d started Raymond for 10 games in his D+1, he’d be up for a new contract now in something of a sophomore slump season. If he rebounds next year or breaks out, we’ll pay for it. But it’s hard to predict when burning an ELC year is the right move, so yeah, I’d love to see a parallel universe where this route is used more frequently and see how it pans out.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Paul Coffey wore #77... but his number aint retired, so I dont see the problem

Dan Renouf and Evgeny Svechnikov also wore it
And considering that Coffey was a footnote in Red Wings history, I don't know why it would even be considered.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
#3 is great. His goal is to make sure he is the last one to wear it.
Yeah only way Simon justifies himself wearing the #3 is if he retires it. I associate the #3 with one dimensional stay at home bottom pair types.

It really is a shame he didnt chose the #77 it makes too much sense.

Reactions: Hughes Hefner

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
He needed time. It didn't need to be in the AHL. The passage of time still exists in the NHL.

No it doesn’t.

I like #17 for a forward, but we will never forget ya boy.

That's the 2 routes. Pick a # that has a great track record for the position you play, or pick a # and make it into a thing.

#24 makes me think of Salei/Chelios. (Probert was before my time) Beyond the Wings it makes me think of defnseman as well.

Zetterberg made #40 cool. I though Nash made #61 cool. Malkin made #71 cool prior to Larkin. There are some cases of that.

I think any number in the 90's looks good for a forward, has Kasper worn #92? Or did I imagine that. I think that would be good for him. Or #17 like Ogee said. Too bad we have guys like Czarnik/Lindstrom taking up #21 and #28.

We can fire Czarnik from the trebuchet to free up that number and nobody would be the wiser.

I like #21, #92 and #17 for Kasper with Larkin as #71. Kind of like how Yzerman and Fedorov were reverses of each other’s numbers.

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No it doesn’t.

We can fire Czarnik from the trebuchet to free up that number and nobody would be the wiser.

I like #21, #92 and #17 for Kasper with Larkin as #71. Kind of like how Yzerman and Fedorov were reverses of each other’s numbers.
We are on the same page. Those numbers would all be sweet and fitting for Kasper.

Can you prepare the trebuchet?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
probabaly rose colored glasses form being a die hard Lidstrom fan, but single digits look good on defensemen.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It’s always ready.
Pre-emptively launch all mentions of ROR. If that happens it will be Chiarot bad instantly.

I was hoping for a 7-based number for Ed. It's what he wore but obviously not available, cuz Ted.

Pre-draft he mentioned Nick (5), Heiskanen (4), Hedman (77), Makar (8), and Hughes (43) as guys he watches. What sort of numerology is possible with that?

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Pre-emptively launch all mentions of ROR. If that happens it will be Chiarot bad instantly.

I was hoping for a 7-based number for Ed. It's what he wore but obviously not available, cuz Ted.

Pre-draft he mentioned Nick (5), Heiskanen (4), Hedman (77), Makar (8), and Hughes (43) as guys he watches. What sort of numerology is possible with that?

5 + 4 + 77 + 8 + 43

He’ll be the best that’s ever worn that number in the league.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
5 + 4 + 77 + 8 + 43

He’ll be the best that’s ever worn that number in the league.
77 - 43 - 8 - 5 - 4

let-the-hate-flow-through-you-sidious.gif

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well I mean Lilja wore #3 for us, but I’m hoping Edvinsson makes us forget that ever happened lol. I like #3 and #77 for a defenseman.

Someone just needs to get Kasper and Berggren to pick better numbers.

Seider is making #53 his own.

I will still always hate 53. Such an ugly number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad