Simon Despres appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Figured it would be good to separate it from the Trade thread and basically have this as a place where people can express their thanks to Despres for his performance on the team and wish him well in the future.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
lardass-07.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He plays the right way and has since he was a teenager.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Do we really need an entire thread devoted to what is already a consensus opinion?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Hope he gets a legit shot to develop and improve, and eventually reach his potential in Anaheim. I think he'll be a very good 2nd pairing guy for a long time. Best of luck, Despres.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sorry IC. :cry:

Brutal trade. Just terrible. Best of luck Simon! You will be missed. None of our current young core of defensemen possess what you do. Hope you put it all together. You seem to be on your way to do just that.

And don't worry Beau, just play out the year. (well, sit out the year.. you'll be in the press box. I recommend the nachos) You'll have your opportunity to shine next year when you get dealt.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
So in Despres' last game as a Pen, he boards the guy that interferes with Sid, then gets boarded and bloodied himself, which was his final play in the black and gold.

Here's to hoping he develops into an excellent defenceman and has a long good career.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
One of my favorite Despres moments was when he fought Kane and was maniacally laughing the entire time.

Jjbuck

Apr 1, 2014
I'll remember all those huge, bone jarring hits, all those fights where he absolutely destroyed his opponent, and all those genius plays only he could do.

Then again, maybe not.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Can't believe we won't see Butternubs epic Kane/Despres pics anymore.

There were 5-7 games this year that Simon was an absolute beast. I still can't believe we dumped him for scraps. Unbelievable.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm really going to miss Elmer. Loved that nickname...Elmer. I really thought he was going to develop into something nice here.

Really pulling for Anaheim now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad