Simon Despres Appreciation Love Fest - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
The real answer probably isn't that intriguing. They probably just panicked and pulled a group think move feeling they needed another vet d in case the ahl guys didn't pan out.

Not like rutherford has claimed he fought the good fight against it or anything, hes said he felt it was the right move at the time.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I need to know an answer from you Despres fans. Since assistant coach Gary Agnew is responsible for the defensemen and he clearly did not put up a fuss about trading Despres away. Do you hate him and would you like him fired?:confused:

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
I need to know an answer from you Despres fans. Since assistant coach Gary Agnew is responsible for the defensemen and he clearly did not put up a fuss about trading Despres away. Do you hate him and would you like him fired?:confused:

How do you know that he didn't? Or that he was even consulted?

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
How do you know that he didn't? Or that he was even consulted?

Not consulting the assistant that coached Despres on a daily basis and not consulting the head coach who had him in the lineup? Do you really think Rutherford, Guerin and rest in the front office did that?? Face facts! Agnew and Johnston were consulted on Despres and gave their opinions on him to the front office. So, I guess that both Mike Johnston & Gary Agnew shouldn't be very popular on this thread??;)

BustaKapanen

May 14, 2011
Assistant coaches aren't going to have a say in trades.

Idk they consulted him about perron and Cole, granted they were ex blues so it makes sense. Maybe consulted is a bad word he referenced being asked questions about the 2 in an interview towards end of year. Probably just gathering as much Intel as possible.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Idk they consulted him about perron and Cole, granted they were ex blues so it makes sense. Maybe consulted is a bad word he referenced being asked questions about the 2 in an interview towards end of year. Probably just gathering as much Intel as possible.

except we don't know that he didn't defend despres?

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Not consulting the assistant that coached Despres on a daily basis and not consulting the head coach who had him in the lineup? Do you really think Rutherford, Guerin and rest in the front office did that?? Face facts! Agnew and Johnston were consulted on Despres and gave their opinions on him to the front office. So, I guess that both Mike Johnston & Gary Agnew shouldn't be very popular on this thread??;)

What are you trying to say? That fans of Despres should dislike Agnew and Johnston because their boss traded him and they might have supplied feedback that we're not privy to?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm almost-positive it was revealed somewhere that the coaches either didn't know about the Despres trade or weren't on-board with it. But I've read so much stuff in various places that I don't know if I read that and if it was actually from someone reputable.

But just in general, coaches don't have input on trades. Look at the Ducks. Boudreau didn't know who Simon Despres was when they acquired him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What are you trying to say? That fans of Despres should dislike Agnew and Johnston because their boss traded him and they might have supplied feedback that we're not privy to?

he's trying to say

"Please stop punishing people by quoting gordie all the time. He doesn't make any sense and is not, in any way, shape, or form, interested in doing anything but inciting a reaction from you."

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
he's trying to say

"Please stop punishing people by quoting gordie all the time. He doesn't make any sense and is not, in any way, shape, or form, interested in doing anything but inciting a reaction from you."

That makes sense. I thought he was just confused and/or a poor communicator.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com

Don't you dislike Rutherford, Guerin and possibly Botterill? I mean if you're going to scrutinize their motives and hold them in contempt because of this trade, where does that leave this coaching staff? Don't you think they gave an opinion that wasn't favorable about Despres? Quite a quandary for the Despres supporters.:confused:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That makes sense. I thought he was just confused and/or a poor communicator.

He's definitely a poor communicator. But he's also not interested in discussion on anything. He's one of those guys who JAQs(Just Asking a Question!!!!) around a lot.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Can we block him from this thread already? I've asked people nicely to stop quoting him and no one listens to me.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Gordie is basically Theodore from Big Lebowski.

More like
maxresdefault.jpg
explaining things to the dudes on here.

Last edited:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
The length to which Rutherford is going to distance himself from this trade is staggering. If he's not in charge, what was the point of hiring him?

To be the scapegoat. He get's 2-3 more years of money and a shot at the Cup. The 8 other ****-heads get to **** with a hockey team.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Don't you dislike Rutherford, Guerin and possibly Botterill? I mean if you're going to scrutinize their motives and hold them in contempt because of this trade, where does that leave this coaching staff? Don't you think they gave an opinion that wasn't favorable about Despres? Quite a quandary for the Despres supporters.:confused:

anyone who had anything to do with it.....needs to go! they are just too dumb to waste the good air that they breath. evolution has failed big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad