Confirmed with Link: Simmonds to Buffalo for cond. 5th in 2021

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
A 5th round pick isn’t much more of a crapshoot than a 3rd round pick so I’m good with this. The Devils got some small value rather than nothing.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hard to complain. Simmonds didn't do much this year, is a UFA anyway and I didn't want him back next year either.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
when hughes is laid out at center Ice tell me how much we all love this trade.. awful trade.. a trade for the sake of making a trade.. rookie mistake by Fitz.. bad trade. stupid trade

Reactions: Sgt Brylin

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
you are not considering the fact that you can you can actually use a 3rd round pick to get good players back. like defenseman of cash strapped teams.. this was a dumb trade.

A 5th round pick isn’t much more of a crapshoot than a 3rd round pick so I’m good with this. The Devils got some small value rather than nothing.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Welp that's a whole lot of nothing. Surprised they didn't wait until the deadline expired. At the very worst, you keep the guy for 20 games.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
when hughes is laid out at center Ice tell me how much we all love this trade.. awful trade.. a trade for the sake of making a trade.. rookie mistake by Fitz.. bad trade. stupid trade

He already got a hit and ran at a few times even with Simmonds in the lineup. He'll be fine.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Nobody gave a crap that Simmonds was on the team. He was rarely scrappy or physical. Wood provided more protection, if you believe in that in today’s NHL.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Pick could be used as part of a package. Nice trade imo...

I was positive about this signing last year, turned out to be a disappointment. Shit happens.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Pick could be used as part of a package. Nice trade imo...

I was positive about this signing last year, turned out to be a disappointment. Shit happens.

I don't disagree with his decline.. I just felt he would be worth more to the team than a 5th round pick is to them .. I certainly am questioning the return but more of why even trade him.. a 5th round pick isn't changing anything even when including as a part of package. but not worth harping over.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I don't disagree with his decline.. I just felt he would be worth more to the team than a 5th round pick is to them .. I certainly am questioning the return but more of why even trade him.. a 5th round pick isn't changing anything even when including as a part of package. but not worth harping over.
not questioning the return I meant

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Pointless trade for both teams, but definitely more of a head scratcher for Buffalo. Do they think they actually have a shot at the playoffs and Simmonds would help them get there?

The Devils get the minuscule chance to draft an NHL player. What the heck does Buffalo get out of this? Makes no sense.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Eh. Something is better than nothing.

Frankly, I don't think Simmonds brings anything of real value. But with the system this team employs, you wouldn't really know for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad