TSN: Simmonds on tsn: "Something you cherish and don't take granted." On his return.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It’s Dubas’ job to make it happen.

Matthews could be turning into one but we need more than internal upgrades in this department.

If the options don't exist, he can't create a new player.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Everyone knows that you have to be tough to win in the NHL, it’s a hard contact sport. Simmonds proves that in October, unfortunately, he‘s not able to be effective for 82 games and the playoffs.

Platoon him in and out of the lineup every other game. Cap willing....

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It’s Dubas’ job to make it happen.

Matthews could be turning into one but we need more than internal upgrades in this department.
Agreed. Perhaps he tried at one point, but wouldn't pay the real price. Sadly I think it's too late for Kyle. He will likely not be allowed to make bold moves. Using Marner or Nylander as a trade chip for an upgrade on physicality with skill is probably dead...

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Agreed. Perhaps he tried at one point, but wouldn't pay the real price. Sadly I think it's too late for Kyle. He will likely not be allowed to make bold moves. Using Marner or Nylander as a trade chip for an upgrade on physicality with skill is probably dead...
Probably likely to trade Nylander away if he won't sign....

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

That’s why I’ve made these critical points all along the way. Draft diverse draft classes for some physical skillsets. Stop thinking water bug vs fridge dynamics. Pay the retail price to find a Muzzin replacement. Get functional size in the bottom 6 that can play the hard wearing roles.

You look at guys like Koster, Fusco, Hollowell, etc. list goes on and you wonder why so many picks are wasted on small mobile defensemen who could turn into a marginal Victor Mete one day. Wouldn’t you take one Arber Xhekaj over all of that stuff?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
They were mentioned during the broadcast however because that line was held without a shot on net in 3 of the 5 games they played together.

Kampf with ZAR and Kube as 4th line.

Zach Aston-Reese ...... 5 games 0-0-0 points and 2 shots on net.
Nicolas Aube-Kubel ....5 games 0-0-0 points and 1 shot on net.
David Kampf ................ 5 games 1-0-1 points and 3 shots on net.

Kampf with Simmonds and Clifford as a 4th line.

David Kampf .............. 1 game 1-0-1 points with 3 Shots.
Wayne Simmonds .... 1 game 0-1-1 points with 0 shots
Kyle Clifford ..................1 game 0-1-1 poiints with 2 shots,

GWG vs Winnipeg .... David Kampf (2) - Assists: Wayne Simmonds (1), Kyle Clifford (1)
That bottom line did more in 8 minutes than the top did all season.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I cherish Simmonds rattling Mark Scheifele.

Mark Scheifele did not cherish Keefe dressing Simmonds for that game.
Da Dubie types will never understand anything but these "newbie" advanced stats which will take another 20 years to figure themselves out .. guys that played know when a skilled guy like Mark is always looking over his shoulder for Wayner he won't be as effective a player in that game .. then Wayner brings some forecheck and playmaking too well that's all da top .. those combined skills have been lacking in our lineup 1st few games

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That’s why I’ve made these critical points all along the way. Draft diverse draft classes for some physical skillsets. Stop thinking water bug vs fridge dynamics. Pay the retail price to find a Muzzin replacement. Get functional size in the bottom 6 that can play the hard wearing roles.

You look at guys like Koster, Fusco, Hollowell, etc. list goes on and you wonder why so many picks are wasted on small mobile defensemen who could turn into a marginal Victor Mete one day. Wouldn’t you take one Arber Xhekaj over all of that stuff?

Xhekaj is in the AHL on our team.

You can try to get those players, but drafting them late is not easy, Hunter tried.

And we don't usually have the high picks that grab the big skilled guys, I am honestly shocked we were able to draft Knies, he is the type of player that is usually a mid-first it looks like, big, skilled, and plays mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad