Online Series: Silo

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I really like the set design and I think the lead actress is doing a phenomenal job but it's lost a little steam as the season has gone on. Maybe i just don't like Tim Robbins that much.

Still a lot to like otherwise and I'm a sucker for sci-fi so I'll continue to watch but I don't think they're sticking the landing. The hook was good enough to keep the audience invested, wish they had kind of explored more of the Silo culture. Feels like they half assed that part. Top people powerful and wealthy, bottom people dirty and angry. Surely there was more to it than that in the books.

Sidenote* this site has gotten basically unusable on mobile. Ads closing my keyboard every 3 seconds f*** off
And they still can't afford servers that don't crash every time anything notable happens

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I really like the set design and I think the lead actress is doing a phenomenal job but it's lost a little steam as the season has gone on. Maybe i just don't like Tim Robbins that much.

Still a lot to like otherwise and I'm a sucker for sci-fi so I'll continue to watch but I don't think they're sticking the landing. The hook was good enough to keep the audience invested, wish they had kind of explored more of the Silo culture. Feels like they half assed that part. Top people powerful and wealthy, bottom people dirty and angry. Surely there was more to it than that in the books.

Sidenote* this site has gotten basically unusable on mobile. Ads closing my keyboard every 3 seconds f*** off
And they still can't afford servers that don't crash every time anything notable happens
Totally agree about Tim Robbins.
I think he gets way too much credit for being Andy Dufresne.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Thats the theory

here's some high quality images of the last scene.

also you and I pretty close on our poisoning theory

Images don't work.

Yes, it seems the suits were not insulated properly and the toxic air leaked into the suit but that better tape took care of that issue.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I was hooked on every episode, binge watched in about a week. I'm not a big fan of Common, after watching him on Hell On Wheels, but he is actually really good in the role they have him in.

Sounds like they alreayd started filming season 2, im sure its probably shut down from the Writers Strike but Apple TV has some shows im hooked on.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Terrific adaptation of a compelling book series.

Ferguson did a great job as the stubborn and prickly Juliette.

A bit of a slow-burn but I enjoyed that it took its time to tease it out.

Part of the richness is understanding how their society functions.

One of the better science-fiction adaptations out there.

So I figured early on that there might be other silos but that many?! I guess that door at the bottom connects to other silos then.

Well, the dead giveaway is the hard drive numbered 18 (where all other drives have long numbers) and the illuminated key chain that Bernard has with 18 on it.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad