Online Series: Silo

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Caught the first episode, it’s always interesting to see how the book imagery translates to the screen.

I imagined the staircase much more narrow and the confines to be much more claustrophobic.

Considering the population in there, the living quarters are rather spacious.

Solid cast including Rebecca Ferguson, Tim Robbins, Common, Rashida Jones, Will Patton.

Reactions: wej20

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I enjoyed the first two eps. It's motivating me to read the books. Kind of giving me a LOST feeling, specifically relating to the DHARMA Initiative and the hatches.

Reactions: wej20

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Read the books over 10 years ago and they were fantastic. I don’t know if the series will capture it but I’m going to give it a try. How many episodes have been released
Just 2 so far. 3rd coming on Friday.

I know nothing about the books but the premise has me intrigued so far. I think they really did a good job with the setting, it feels like a live vibrant place. Acting has been really good.

Feels a little strung along at times in the mysteries such as cutting away from the main character in ep 1 when she's exploring the hard drive for one. I dislike hiding information from the viewer that characters know, but I'm going to assume they'll pay it off eventually. It feels like to me the perfect show for Netflix binge watching, week to week on these type of mystery shows loses some interest for me.

But overall still enjoyed it, just can't wait for entire season to be out.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Just 2 so far. 3rd coming on Friday.

I know nothing about the books but the premise has me intrigued so far. I think they really did a good job with the setting, it feels like a live vibrant place. Acting has been really good.

Feels a little strung along at times in the mysteries such as cutting away from the main character in ep 1 when she's exploring the hard drive for one. I dislike hiding information from the viewer that characters know, but I'm going to assume they'll pay it off eventually. It feels like to me the perfect show for Netflix binge watching, week to week on these type of mystery shows loses some interest for me.

But overall still enjoyed it, just can't wait for entire season to be out.
As far as cutting away from the main character, they showed exactly what needed to be seen, the context is better understood in the 2nd episode

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
As far as cutting away from the main character, they showed exactly what needed to be seen, the context is better understood in the 2nd episode
Oh for sure in terms of the last little bit (last one they said?). It's just implied they spent all day looking at that thing getting at least some answers more than they give out in the reflection in the glasses and ep2 dives into.

I suppose it's the sign that I'm interested in the show that I wanted to explore that with the characters :biglaugh:. But I get why you can't give the viewer too much too fast. It's a very minor quibble at very worst.

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
It's ok.

Mystery box stories are only good if they can gain the audience's attention and hold it over a long period of time. A lot of shows fail miserably at this by adding in fluff to plug the gaps that are made when the writers and directors don't know what to do with characters in the stories. When this happens,

There is only one show that has done the format perfectly, that being Attack on Titan.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Still watching, end of the last episode should really kick things on story wise.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It's ok.

Mystery box stories are only good if they can gain the audience's attention and hold it over a long period of time. A lot of shows fail miserably at this by adding in fluff to plug the gaps that are made when the writers and directors don't know what to do with characters in the stories. When this happens,

There is only one show that has done the format perfectly, that being Attack on Titan.
An annie should not be compared to actual shows with actors.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Season Finale this week
My predictions

It's called outside.

I think most of the episode will be here finding and opening "the door" referenced in last week's episode. The episode will end with her seeing daylight and stepping outside and we will be cliffhung

On a bigger picture, I think the Silo is a social experiment. I think that their ancestors were once all criminals.
I also believe that the people who go outside to clean either aren't dying and videos are being shown of them dying or they are being poisined inside the spacesuit

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Season Finale this week
My predictions

It's called outside.

I think most of the episode will be here finding and opening "the door" referenced in last week's episode. The episode will end with her seeing daylight and stepping outside and we will be cliffhung

On a bigger picture, I think the Silo is a social experiment. I think that their ancestors were once all criminals.
I also believe that the people who go outside to clean either aren't dying and videos are being shown of them dying or they are being poisined inside the spacesuit
Yeah, I've been leaning as well towards the air in the suits being poisoned.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad