Confirmed with Link: Silicon Valley Investor to Seek More Stakes in Rangers/Knicks

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I can't say exactly what Dolan does with the Knicks--I don't follow basketball--but it seems like he is more actively involved with the day to day operation of the team. That has never been the case with the Rangers in all the years he has been the owner. I don't see him suddenly shifting course now. If he does, then sure, call him a bad owner. Until then, I'm very glad he's the owner, particularly when you consider some of the other owners out there. We're the most valuable franchise in the NHL and if there's a limit to how much Dolan will spend on the team, I'm not sure if we've seen it yet.

What exactly has Dolan done with the Rangers that would make you think he isn't a good owner?
What does the value of the franchise prove? The Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA. They haven't won their division since before the rangers won a cup. They've won 1 playoff series this millenium. Since Van Gundy left after the 2002 season the Knicks have a winning percentage of 39%. Yet they sellout every game. :huh:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What does the value of the franchise prove? The Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA. They haven't won their division since before the rangers won a cup. They've won 1 playoff series this millenium. Since Van Gundy left after the 2002 season the Knicks have a winning percentage of 39%. Yet they sellout every game. :huh:

To be completely clear, I don't give a shit about the Knicks. What Dolan does or doesn't do with them has no bearing on my feelings about him as owner of the Rangers.

My criteria for a good owner is pretty simple: Pay the bills and don't interfere with the people whose job it is to run the team. Dolan does exactly that with the Rangers.

If you think he's a bad owner, show me how he is bad for the Rangers.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

The value of the franchise proves that management is doing exactly what the investors want.

What keeps the team from glory is either the 4th line / 8th man decisions, or just maybe their is a conflict of interest in regard to financial success and championship success.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
To be completely clear, I don't give a **** about the Knicks. What Dolan does or doesn't do with them has no bearing on my feelings about him as owner of the Rangers.

My criteria for a good owner is pretty simple: Pay the bills and don't interfere with the people whose job it is to run the team. Dolan does exactly that with the Rangers.

If you think he's a bad owner, show me how he is bad for the Rangers.

But i thought we hate Sather , and Dolan just let him have a life time contract ?

Idk...we need to keep our projections into the unknown consistent fellas.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This whole “he meddles with the Knicks but leaves the Rangers alone” stuff is overblown a bit. He let Phil Jackson and Isiah do their thing as well. They just had terrible strategies.

He’s not above getting a guy with a terrible strategy for the Rangers. I think there’s more luck going on here than people want to admit. He would have hired JD if he spent the past decade ruining franchises too.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
If we didn't have Lundqvist , this team would have been close to the Knicks.
Narrative drives the bus.

I think his style of ownership is not that different anymore with the Knicks and Rangers as he's learned hard lessons over the years. The agenda of him sucking as an NBA owner though will not go away until the Knicks string together a few winning seasons. Once they do, everyone will then jump on the 'genius GM/Coach/Draftpick despite Dolan's presence' bandwagon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad