Proposal: Sign Ho-Sang. Tor

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The leafs now have Cap Space to sign Ho-Sang .

2 years 2.2 mil , 1.1 mil cap per year .
send Liljegren and Dzingel down

See what he looks like playing up with the leafs . if he does good stays , if not back on waivers.
Leafs have a chance to see how he does before trade deadline.
Thoughts

I can see the leafs giving Steeves or Joey Anderson another look before Ho-Sang

edit--and when did he get the value of 1.1?

Reactions: Guttersniped

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The leafs now have Cap Space to sign Ho-Sang .

2 years 2.2 mil , 1.1 mil cap per year .
send Liljegren and Dzingel down

See what he looks like playing up with the leafs . if he does good stays , if not back on waivers.
Leafs have a chance to see how he does before trade deadline.
Thoughts

Sounds like a good idea... At 1.1 mils per year I think it will not cost more than a 5th or 6th to get rid of his contract once you see how good of an NHL player he is.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Sounds like a good idea... At 1.1 mils per year I think it will not cost more than a 5th or 6th to get rid of his contract once you see how good of an NHL player he is.
Put him on the 2nd line , see what he can do .

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The hype was annoying 5 years ago. Now it's flat out weird....knock yourself out, I guess.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What is HF's obsession with Ho-Sang and this supposed "untapped potential" he has? At what point, after multiple teams and multiple AHL stints, does it register that his game isn't suited to being successful at the NHL level?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I like JHS but he really hasn't done enough consistently to show he should get anything over 1 year 750k if they have room at the deadline.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Absolutely nothing about his play has merited a call up, he’s a 26 year old “offence only” player who’s offensive numbers aren’t even good… there’s 2 way players with better numbers than Hosang…
So......how much more over a point a game would be good enough for you? I get the sense you don't like him and are just guessing because he's been a good Marlie.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I've watched a bit. And I don't think he's done anything to merit a callup. 20 points in the AHL is meaningless when it comes to the NHL. LOTS of guys scored points in the AHL and it didn't translate. And the only reason he was considered for and taken by the Olympic team is because we were desperate for warm bodies.
How many players do you think were plausible options? Dozens or hundreds?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
What is HF's obsession with Ho-Sang and this supposed "untapped potential" he has? At what point, after multiple teams and multiple AHL stints, does it register that his game isn't suited to being successful at the NHL level?
How many years did it take Bunting? He is ready and leafs know it , just give it time he will be signed. Nothing to lose but money for MLSE no problem for them .

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Dzingel is probably more useful than Ho-Sang.
Ho-Sang's offensive upside alone and definite willingness to sign a league min deal makes him more valuable than Dzingel at 1.1

He's shown a change in attitude and could be a valuable piece in the event of injuries on the wing.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I would like to see Ho-Sang get another shot. He can be electric. I know he has his issues but there’s a lot of scoring talent there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad