Proposal: Sign Ho-Sang. Tor

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
The leafs now have Cap Space to sign Ho-Sang .

2 years 2.2 mil , 1.1 mil cap per year .
send Liljegren and Dzingel down

See what he looks like playing up with the leafs . if he does good stays , if not back on waivers.
Leafs have a chance to see how he does before trade deadline.
Thoughts

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

See what he looks like playing up with the leafs . if he does good stays , if not back on waivers.
Thoughts
If they sign him, why would they ever give him a dime over the league minimum?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

Thoughts

What about the fact that Ho-Sang has never consistently shown that he's an NHL calibre player? I personally think players should actually be good enough before they're given a spot on an NHL team. Call me nutty.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
He had a chance to standout at the Olympics which didn’t seem to happen. From all reports he has completely turned his attitude around and I hope he gets a chance somewhere but I don’t think it’ll be on the leafs.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
What about the fact that Ho-Sang has never consistently shown that he's an NHL calibre player? I personally think players should actually be good enough before they're given a spot on an NHL team. Call me nutty.
Seems like you have not been following but Ho-Sang has turned it around. He is performing at a level that merits call up. That he was even considered for the Olympic team suggests he is not only playing at a high level but is also not an attitude concern.

He's earned another look and we will lose him if he is not given a chance soon. Hoping he proves to be useful.

Reactions: egelband

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
How is ho sang still even talked about. His time came and went with his rumored personality issues years ago

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Seems like you have not been following but Ho-Sang has turned it around. He is performing at a level that merits call up. That he was even considered for the Olympic team suggests he is not only playing at a high level but is also not an attitude concern.

He's earned another look and we will lose him if he is not given a chance soon. Hoping he proves to be useful.

I've watched a bit. And I don't think he's done anything to merit a callup. 20 points in the AHL is meaningless when it comes to the NHL. LOTS of guys scored points in the AHL and it didn't translate. And the only reason he was considered for and taken by the Olympic team is because we were desperate for warm bodies.

DuckingandCupping

Jun 18, 2010

Absolutely nothing about his play has merited a call up, he’s a 26 year old “offence only” player who’s offensive numbers aren’t even good… there’s 2 way players with better numbers than Hosang…

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Thoughts
Immediate thought is that it's a bad idea.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Why are you signing him to a 2 year deal and why is it not league min?

Sign him for the rest of the year. If it doesn't work out at least you aren't stuck with him in the same situation as you had with Ritchie. I believe the cap hit has to be no more than 925000, correct me if I'm wrong, to be completely bury-able in the minors.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Lmao WUT? If you were to sign him, why on earth would you give him more than league min? And why on earth would you give him multi year?

Dzingle would need to clear waivers to be sent down and he'd 100% be taken. I don't know why you would do it anyway because he's a significantly better player than Ho-Sang.

You ask for thoughts? My thought is that this post was made by someone who doesn't understand the league or maybe even the sport.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
How is ho sang still even talked about. His time came and went with his rumored personality issues years ago
He by all accounts, after essentially being on the brink of leaving NHL hockey, has cleaned up his act and been a positive influence in the Marlies.

I wouldn't mind Edmonton, Toronto or Detroit taking a shot with him for the rest of the year.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ho Sang isn't close to a PPG as a 26 year old in the AHL. Some Leafs fans are obsessed with him getting a call up. There is no room in the top 6 for him, and frankly he doesn't deserve a shot. Where are the Seney or Steeves threads? Because they deserve a shot much more than Ho Sang.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Giving 2 years is crazy, why not sign a one year minimum deal? Are you that convinced he's gonna break out and return positive value on the 2nd year? And if so...why?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The rebuilt Ho-Sang will lead the Leafs to the promised land.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Why are you signing him to a 2 year deal and why is it not league min?

Sign him for the rest of the year. If it doesn't work out at least you aren't stuck with him in the same situation as you had with Ritchie. I believe the cap hit has to be no more than 925000, correct me if I'm wrong, to be completely bury-able in the minors.

Pretty sure 1.175 is the cap for burying. 2 years wouldn't be a terrible idea if it's like 800k

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Talented players play better , when they play with good players. AHL has players leading in scoring but not good in the NHL
You don’t have to pay him 1.1m though or sign him to a 2 year deal to try him out in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad