GDT: Sidney's Silver Stick Night, 1000 games and counting - 19:30EST

What Will Sid Do Tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowhands

Feb 20, 2021
I dont post often used to have an account but couldnt get logged in to it so made a new one, I never played but always loved hockey and watching the pens, have a couple questions you guys who have played maybe could answer for me:

My biggest question is officiating, I feel like theres no consistency in hockey, a few years ago when pens won back to back it seemed like they didnt put up with interference like they do now, is that just part of the game?

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Isles just play so structured and Pens have to know what the risk reward is for them. Sorry 1976, that was a pass that ended up in the Pens goal net. Thus a bad play. Just watch the Malkin cheat and allow a D man to make an easy play and another goal. Unfortunately I have no answers here. Pens have a myriad of issues and no easy remedy is at hand.

A play isn't bad just because the play resulted in a goal. That's a play Malkin makes thousands of times. Islanders are structured but they also interfere like crazy.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They are suffocating the middle and down low. Time for some more shots from the point.

Reactions: Andy99

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
He shifted all the lines.

Tanev was with Crosby.
MM was with POJ (maybe Letang needed an extra shift or two of rest)
Lafferty has been with Crosby.

Not sure what Sullivan is doing.

slowhands

Feb 20, 2021
Another question is nhl defense seems like when they play zone D like in basketball is it me or does it seem like this year the pens just sort of arent aware of their zone and are always chasing the games lately? Seems like they havent realized theyve aged and need to to evolve their game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad