Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

8471675.jpg

Sidney Patrick Crosby - DOB 7th August 1987
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada

mrWK81B.jpg
8471675.jpg
HHEuFrC.jpg

On the 5th October 2005 Sidney Patrick Crosby played a game of hockey in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
5617 days later he will lace them up tonight (wearing the same jockstrap too :eek:) for game # 1000 against the New York Islanders.

Over the years he has produced 37 goals (2nd) 79 assists (1st) for his best tally of points (116). He also has his best +/-, PP assists and GWG against NYI. This sure is a team Sid loves to play against.

Sid is the 350th NHL player to reach the 1000 game milestone and the 2nd of the current season, 18 days after the Habs captain Shea Weber got his hands on the commemorative Silver Stick.

Sid Stats

Let’s have a look at what will be keeping that stick company in the Crosby display cabinet.

O1I0CDr.jpg

JGiHUCX.jpg

D1zwbeF.jpg
qauqjRP.jpg

das6VbF.jpg

xzzoGzz.jpg
nm6joVO.jpg

M4rodBy.jpg

Io1QSs7.jpg
iIi46Ij.jpg

Multiple tournaments and medals have been won proudly wearing the Red and White of Canada

hTomE8d.jpg

a80aQou.jpg
F3dJTBK.jpg

7Hkw7Bg.jpg
KCSNdnz.jpg

:heart: We Love You Sid! :heart:

CGw6CmH.jpg

And one for me :D

Rnm240x.jpg

Last edited:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So glad I’m the same age as him and have had the pleasure to watch his career from the start. I was too young to do that for Mario and didn’t get into hockey until around 1997, so I was a bit late with Jagr as well.

Love this guy and what he’s done for us. I hope he has a big night.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So glad I’m the same age as him and have had the pleasure to watch his career from the start. I was too young to do that for Mario and didn’t get into hockey until around 1997, so I was a bit late with Jagr as well.

Love this guy and what he’s done for us. I hope he has a big night.

The true disappointment is he doesn't get to have a ten minute standing ovation from 18k fans tonight

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
"Nothing, trade the bum."

I don't know how to respond to that being an option....
Even more so that people have actually picked that option.....

Reactions: Clare2904

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Great milestone for a truly great player of the game. We've been blessed with superstar talent, among so many other things. The guy is a legend and could do whatever he wants in hockey after retirement if he wanted to, he has the brain for any of it.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I know we all wanna show Sid the love but the reason I asked for the thread to be locked till this afternoon was to try keep it under 1000 posts BEFORE puck drop :laugh:

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I know we all wanna show Sid the love but the reason I asked for the thread to be locked till this afternoon was to try keep it under 1000 posts BEFORE puck drop :laugh:

You should know you can't stop an inspired sid... but only hope to contain him.

:nod:

RSPens

May 25, 2015
The unfortunate thing about this game is that the Islanders are likely going to goon it up and ruin the special moment. I kind of hope that they focus on Matheson and not on playing their game, but I also hope they don't injure any of our players as they just started playing as a team.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Excellent GDT!

We have absolutely positively been blessed by the hockey gods in this city.Despite all of the adversity over the decades, what the Pens have accomplished is mind boggling.

IMO, Sid is equally as important to the team’s legacy as Mario.

Let’s Go Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->