Sidney's ranking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
EroCaps said:
How does he "definitely" have much larger upside than Ovechkin? Or Lehtonen for that matter?

What has he done against NHL quality opponents that qualifies him as better than the top 1-5 prospects on HF?

IMO the hype has a lot of fans talking right out of their a**.

In my opinion the hype has a lot of people looking for a reason to dislike the kid. Anybody that watched the WJC finals will be able to tell you the difference between Crosby and Ovechkin.

A great player doesn't always have to score to be great. Crosby always finds a way to contribute and be effective. Ovechkin packs it in at the sign of any adversity. That's it, right there.

I'd agree with the argument that what is the 10 for if not to be used for a kid with generational talent. Crosby is definitely it - 10B.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
damoose212001 said:
I agree 100% Another thing, name one time when Kari had to save 46 in one game, including a penalty shot. Not saying Fleury is better then Lehtonen, or vice versa, just something to chew on.

They are the two best goaltending prospects in the world at this time. Can we leave it at that?

And both of them probably won't have the greatest stats considering the lineups their teams are going to be fielding in the next few years. Pittsburgh and Atlanta figure to be offensive juggernauts of the East.

But they are the most talented goalie prospects right now. I don't even see anyone else coming close to these two right now.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
A great player doesn't always have to score to be great. Crosby always finds a way to contribute and be effective. Ovechkin packs it in at the sign of any adversity. That's it, right there.

Yeah, I too was disappointed when Ovechkin didn't bite off the arm connected to his injured shoulder, tie the stick to the wrist on his other hand, flip the puck onto his stick and kick the blade to launch it up and over everyone and into the net.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Mr Bugg said:
Yeah, I too was disappointed when Ovechkin didn't bite off the arm connected to his injured shoulder, tie the stick to the wrist on his other hand, flip the puck onto his stick and kick the blade to launch it up and over everyone and into the net.

Well there wasn't a lot he could have done after the injury. I think the fact that he tried to play through it shows he does have heart - but fans seeing him try and then realize he couldn't do it saw it as quitting. We will never know if he would have stayed in a 2-2 game, but he did play for a while with the bum shoulder.

It's an issue that has been hashed and rehashed. Hopefully people will forget it and just enjoy the great career Ovechkin is about to start. He's going to keep a lot of fans entertained for a lot of years.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
10C...reasons? He has great talent, and this means if he drops, it'll be 2nd liner at the least...which is more realistic. 10B means he will be a superstar, just not Lemieux. Theres a chance, but he's overrated right "now".

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
BigE said:
In my opinion the hype has a lot of people looking for a reason to dislike the kid. Anybody that watched the WJC finals will be able to tell you the difference between Crosby and Ovechkin.

I'd agree with the argument that what is the 10 for if not to be used for a kid with generational talent. Crosby is definitely it - 10B.

He sure packed it in for his Russian Men's National Team during the WC, leading them in scoring and GWG.

I guess he just gave up winning WJC's best forward on a far inferior team with far inferior linemates than Crosby.

I have seen nothing from Crosby that tells me definitively he'll be a better player than Ovechkin or Malkin. The fact that merely stating that causes a great number of Canadian fans to have conniption fits only vindicates it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad