OT: Sidney Crosby vs Steven Stamkos popularity in Toronto area

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
That would be foolish. By the time Crosby was Tavares' age, he had already won a Hart, and Art Ross, was a Cup winning captain, and was working on his third 100 pt season, which would have been his fourth had he not missed some games.

JT hasn't even been a PPG until this year.

Fair enough, but it's not about who the better player is. It's about who you like more.

"Which player do you like more?"

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
His contract runs out summer 2016. Right on time for the 100th anniversary of the organization, and our 2017 Stanley Cup triumph, 50 years after 1967... :laugh: One can dream.

I could be wrong but I think the Mayans wrote about this prophecy. :laugh:

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
That would be foolish. By the time Crosby was Tavares' age, he had already won a Hart, and Art Ross, was a Cup winning captain, and was working on his third 100 pt season, which would have been his fourth had he not missed some games.

JT hasn't even been a PPG until this year.

Like I brought up in my point about Stammer VS Crosby you have a local boy VS a kid from Cole Harbor. It is not a knock on Crosby as a player rather it is easier to cheer for the guy from your neighborhood than the kid from some other place. I mean I HATE the Sens but they have Colin Greening who is from my town so I kind of hope he does well. (I had mixed emotions on Saturday night FYI.)

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Like I brought up in my point about Stammer VS Crosby you have a local boy VS a kid from Cole Harbor. It is not a knock on Crosby as a player rather it is easier to cheer for the guy from your neighborhood than the kid from some other place. I mean I HATE the Sens but they have Colin Greening who is from my town so I kind of hope he does well. (I had mixed emotions on Saturday night FYI.)

Exactly. It's apparent this is a big reason why people vote for Stamkos in this poll.

Mar 26, 2010
Stamper all day long and not even close!

Crosby is a cry baby.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I prefer Stamkos. He seems like a better poster boy for Toronto as well. It's going to be interesting seeing the "football effect" in Europe entering the NHL.

That is, relatively recent immigrant communities entering professional hockey. Kadri is another one.

Crosby, however, is clearly far more skilled than Stamkos. He can carry a team. He is the best hockey player in the world.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Just so we're all clear though, there is absolutely no doubt that Crosby is more popular than Stamkos in the GTA.

Among massive, internet loving Leafs fans, maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad