Sidney Crosby - UFA this summer - 11M$ AAV for 4 years. Do you sign him, yes or no?

Sidney Crosby - UFA this summer - 11M$ AAV for 4 years. Do you sign him, yes or no?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hypothetical. Sidney Crosby becomes UFA this summer. He has interest in signing with your team. The ask is simple - 11M$ AAV for 4 years, take it or leave it.

Do you sign him, or no?

I know most teams don't have 11M$ available right now - so if you vote yes, the implication clearly is that you make room for him (even if it means having to make bad trades to clear cap space).

Feel free to clarify what team you're voting yes or no for, if it's team specific. Pittsburgh fans - please vote as well if you keep him at that price or not

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
You know, I probably would - means the end of RNH and Barrie in Edmonton, but having McDavid, Crosby, Draisaitl seems good. I know we have cap space coming open, but haven't looked to see if its possible. Probably means running Bouchard full time to get as much ELC as possible, and likely results in running back Smith/Kosk.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Not sure Chicago is in a proper position to benefit from this signing. Crosby with Kane would be crazy, but the rest of the team is just kids. It's not enough to make a run. Or is it? I doubt it.

I would do this otherwise. Maybe a couple of years back.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
There is very little way we could ever make that work so I voted no. I'd obviously switch out Tavares for Crosby but Tavares wouldn't waive his NTC.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Buffalo should so he can culture shock them into a real team and salvage Eichel's will to live.

He's worth it if you need a C and its hard to put a value on his locker room presence. I'd love him on my team but that isn't realistic. Not sure I want to see him in a Habs Jersey and if he went to Boston I'd puke.

Fun topic.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The AVV is at least market value and the term is reasonable. Anyone that could work out the math of fitting his contract under that cap should probably willing to do this.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
As a Leafs fan, if we could trade Tavares 100% yes.

Otherwise, I'm on the fence. Its tempting to trade Matthews for a huge return and slot Sid into his spot, and I think that makes us a better team for the next 4 years, but its hard to trade away the best player we've ever drafted

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You’re not going to get quite $11 million worth of raw on-ice impact from him for all 4 years, but the off ice intangibles make up the gap, especially if you’re bringing him on to a young team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You know, I probably would - means the end of RNH and Barrie in Edmonton, but having McDavid, Crosby, Draisaitl seems good. I know we have cap space coming open, but haven't looked to see if its possible. Probably means running Bouchard full time to get as much ELC as possible, and likely results in running back Smith/Kosk.

This would be fun just to see the Oilers run a top line of those three and see HF explode with excuses for why all three are putting up video game numbers.

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
Canucks, easily.

Miller-Crosby-Petey
Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Would be a nasty top 6. Or we could create 3 solid lines:

Miller-Crosby-Gaudette
Virtanen-Petey-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Please get rid of our 35mil of trash Benning. We Have so much garbage right now that if we could get rid of a couple, we would easily be able to fit him in.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes. Very consistent. He’s not going to become a third liner when he starts declining. If he declines in the next four years, he’ll still play good defense and score close to or at 1PPG. That’s a 8/9M player, maybe higher. The contract doesn’t have much downside.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
4 years, absolutely
5 years, probably
6 years, maybe
7 years, dunno
8 years, probably not

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
he's worth it but from a Leafs POV i dont do it. theres just no feasible way we pull it off and cant have a 4th $11 million man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad