Sidney Crosby Footwork

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
It really can't be said enough just how awesome these videos are. Highlight packages like this are a hockey nerd's dream. Excellent editing, music isn't overbearing and is actually complementary, just... everything about them is good lol

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
One thing that video taught me is how inaccurate Kunitz's passes are.

And most of them were from a few years ago, when he was a lot better.

Crosby's footwork is less a result of his drive to improve different aspects of his game and more an evolutionary necessity due to his linemates. :laugh:

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
And most of them were from a few years ago, when he was a lot better.

Crosby's footwork is less a result of his drive to improve different aspects of his game and more an evolutionary necessity due to his linemates. :laugh:

It kind of is improving an aspect of his game. He takes these passes in stride. He's improving his ability to turn a bad pass into a good one.

The execution from skate to stick he has is near perfection in both taking passes in stride and setting up to shoot. A lot of "broken play" bad pass scenario are just standard passes to Crosby :laugh:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Crosby is just ridiculous. Nice video. How about Subban next? I remember seeing him doing some crazy skating in practice drills.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Awesome vid OP!

Crosby is unreal. Taking pucks off his skates in full stride right onto his stick is almost impossible for most players, not Crosby. Infact I think he prefers taking passes like this. Incredible talent.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
He'd fit perfectly on the Avs. We only make passes to skates!

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He'll go down with Jagr if not better on the all time list despite the fact that he will never approach him in career games played. If he hadn't missed so much time in his prime seasons there is a chance many would rank him 5th all time already and not many would debate. Heck, some still do and I don't think that's an outlandish opinion.

Careers notwithstanding, Sidney Crosby is head-to-head the 4th best to play the game. IMO.

Noldo

May 28, 2007
It kind of is improving an aspect of his game. He takes these passes in stride. He's improving his ability to turn a bad pass into a good one.

The execution from skate to stick he has is near perfection in both taking passes in stride and setting up to shoot. A lot of "broken play" bad pass scenario are just standard passes to Crosby :laugh:

It definitely makes Crosby much more difficult to defense against as the defenseman has to take away wider passing lane.

In a sense Crosby is using the ability to move puck smoothly from skate to stick in the same way as many taller players, most prominently Lemieux, use their wingspan to move puck quickly past defender who is committing to the spot where the initial pass is coming, opening Crosby to make a play wide away where his stick is.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Great video. If you do make another which would be great as I have found your other ones independently from hfboards. May I suggest ...the art of deflections

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Great video. If you do make another which would be great as I have found your other ones independently from hfboards. May I suggest ...the art of deflections

That video would take hours. Crosby's hand-eye coordination is mind-blowing.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
The fourth entry in my Sidney Crosby Skill series:

Which other past or current players have had good 'footwork'?

Dude, I'm dyin' for you to do a Deflections and Tip-ins one. Gonna check this new one out, love your work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad