OT: Sidebar - All feedback

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
The latest threads is a nice touch. Other than that not a fan. I initially thought my sponsorship expired and I have to see ads again.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's jarring and ugly. However, I'm sure I'll be used to it by the end of the week.

If people don't like it, they should click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and submit feedback. I'm sure the moderators and administrators are well aware of the immediate feedback, but it's the webmaster and Crave Media that need to hear about it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The latest threads is a nice touch. Other than that not a fan. I initially thought my sponsorship expired and I have to see ads again.

it takes up a massive amount of real estate to show you things on other boards that quite frankly i dont care about. i rarely leave this board for any of the others. i know some ppl do..i dont.

at the very least their should be an option to disable it.

luckily a very nice member messaged me instructions on getting rid of it...and it works perfectly.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's jarring and ugly. However, I'm sure I'll be used to it by the end of the week.

If people don't like it, they should click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and submit feedback. I'm sure the moderators and administrators are well aware of the immediate feedback, but it's the webmaster and Crave Media that need to hear about it.

i contacted Crave Media once about advertising on this forum. they never responded.

if they dont respond to advertising inquiries, im not sure theyll respond to us complaining lol.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
theres a way to get rid of it, ive been sharing it with a bunch of ppl (not my workaround, a kind member sent it to me..not sure he wants to be outed though).

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I hear the best way to generate willing traffic to your site is to force an unpopular site mod. that you are unable to disable in an interface.

This is also commonly refered to as: Shooting yourself in the foot

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I don't mind the idea but it's just so god damn ugly and unrefined like something that you'd find at a sketchy mail order bride website.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The HFBoards.com Twitter side bar isn't super exciting mainly because the content doesn't make any sense. An ad about artisan fish tanks is more exciting than the twitter feed. The articles are interesting but is really ugly and could use less clutter and look more appealing, just in general. The new threads are cool, I like that. Something to "oOoOooOo a piece of candy".

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
If they're going to put such a side bar, then just have it on HFBoards.com main page (Page 2 would be fine as well). Take it off all of the child forums. I get that many people just bookmark their team's page and would never see it, but most don't want to see it.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
My near sight is very poor and I need all the desktop real estate to enlarge the fonts to fit the max width of the screen with my browser. The sidebar eats up 1/3 of the screen and makes it very hard for me.

I really need a way to remove it completely and not just blank the area using a Firefox addon while still losing 1/3 of the screen width.

KreiMeARiver*

I just PMd KaneOne asking him about it before I saw this thread.

It is terrible, and superfluously large. We should be able to 86 it if we want, especially if we're sponsors.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Takes up way too much room on my 10" tablet screen...

Is it a ploy to get more people to become HF sponsors? : )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad