OT: Sidebar - All feedback

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I usually use ABP on this site because of all the spammy ads it has, but it looks like they added a twitter and news feed on the right..anyone know how to block it? theres probably a way with ABO but im not really sure how.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The powers that be have told us to continue discussion here. Please have at it.

You can also discuss on the Support board or in the Lounge.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Its way too big, and for god sake include a option to remove it

Yeah. Idgaf about twitter updates. Although the latest threads thing is a nice option. It would be great to be able to chose which ones you want and if you only want one, thin it out a little bit so it doesn't take up 1/4th of your screen.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't really want to discuss it, theres nothing to discuss other than me wanting an option to remove it.

Are they not going to do that? Then there is no need for discussion.

Although its freakin HYSTERICAL we needed to get permission from whoever to even have the amazing right to discuss it!

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
If they were going to add that annoying thing, then the least they could have done was not make it look like it was put together in 15 minutes with Geocities.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I have a few addendums:

I'd prefer if the twitter feeds were select beat twitter accounts for the respective teams, ie. Rangers have Andrew Gross, blueshirts, and the likes, the pens have theirs, and so on.

As well as a couple main ones, like NHL.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I have a few addendums:

I'd prefer if the twitter feeds were select beat twitter accounts for the respective teams, ie. Rangers have Andrew Gross, blueshirts, and the likes, the pens have theirs, and so on.

As well as a couple main ones, like NHL.

That won't happen because that doesn't benefit HF at all.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
yeah doesn't it suck when you have this fun, free service, then the folks who provide it make a change that is not to your taste...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
yeah doesn't it suck when you have this fun, free service, then the folks who provide it make a change that is not to your taste...

i work in online marketing. one thing ive learned, the more you push ads/marketing/side crap like that, the more you take away from your core product. theres definitely a rate of depreciated returns where you alienate enough people that the ad revenue doesnt make up for it.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012

And then people will stop using the "fun, free service." It's no longer 2007. There are other places to go for hockey now. If they want to diminish their audience then that's their choice.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
What about those of us who have been sponsors for a few years and are the ones who keep this site up and running? Shouldn't we have a say?

At the least, sponsors should have an option to turn it off. Similar to how we don't get hit with the ads (though that could easily be turned off even if you're not a sponsor).

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
At the least, sponsors should have an option to turn it off. Similar to how we don't get hit with the ads (though that could easily be turned off even if you're not a sponsor).

Agreed. I don't think the side bar is all bad. I just hate the twitter part of it. Id like to be able to keep the most recent threads thing. That and it is way to wide.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

So we are supposed to like any change ?

I mean I like the HF boards and I have no issues with it, but people have to be able to deliver constructive criticism to major interface changes.

If it makes you feel better I paid $12 for the priviledge of having an opinion (sponsor)

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Looks like crap...but why does it matter? It doesn't effect what you can see on the forum page, and it's gone when you enter a thread. People always get bent out of shape over the little things. It's a free site for crying out loud. What am I missing?

Championship*

It's horrendous. The ads on this site are a joke as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad