News Article: SI/HN predicts what the Canucks will look like in 2020 (in 2017)

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
My apologies if this has been posted before, but I thought it would be good for a larf...

2020-vanjpg.webp

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
It's almost like making predictions about team line-ups is a mug's game and that anybody who reads anything into them should take me up on this bridge I have for sale.

It's why I've given up predicting prospects or getting too excited about anyone. I don't know f*** all about predicting these guys and don't watch anything close to enough junior hockey.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
To be fair, you can't predict trades and free agent signings. So they are, by nature, doomed to fail.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yikes! Instead of the 'Lotto Line" the Canucks have three 'draft lottery' lines. If that lineup had ever actually hit the ice, Jimbo would have walked the plank at the same time as Linden.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The most amusing line in the whole thing is that in a few years, once free of the Sedins contracts, it doesn't appear that Jim Benning will face a scary cap conundrum ....

Reactions: Peter10

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Kole Lind in the top six, Virtanen on the fourth line lol.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
The most amusing line in the whole thing is that in a few years, once free of the Sedins contracts, it doesn't appear that Jim Benning will face a scary cap conundrum ....
And fortunately now that ferdaddy is headed to ir, neither do we.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
These guys have already proven that they have no idea how things work with this gem, "Loui Eriksson gets paid like a No. 1 right winger, but I project a buyout of his final three seasons by the time 2019-20 rolls around." Obviously, they never looked into just how buyout proof his contract actually is.

Reactions: I am toxic

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Can't wait for Pettersson to become a worthy Sedin successor one of these next couple of seasons. In the meantime, thank god for Granlund and the defensively gifted Dahlen. Our team is so fortunate to have them as stalwarts filling whichever net. Even my wife won't let me sleep right on her, so thanks for the warning but I'm pretty sure Dahlen wouldn't like that either, even though, you know, there's nothing wrong with it :help:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
These guys have already proven that they have no idea how things work with this gem, "Loui Eriksson gets paid like a No. 1 right winger, but I project a buyout of his final three seasons by the time 2019-20 rolls around." Obviously, they never looked into just how buyout proof his contract actually is.

*Experts*

Some people actually pay money for this sort of drivel. Sad but true.

Reactions: I am toxic

Nov 1, 2011
They got 3 of the top 6 fwds, starting goalie, and 0 of the defenseman.

I think based on this, I'm starting to feel that Benning might actually be doing a decent job. Out team is significantly better than it was projected to be.

Reactions: Javaman

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Yeah that will give us all of $1.5M in Cap space, which goes to Hamonic. We need some cap space to be able to sign podkolzin, but the really sad part is that if we had cap space, we could be picking up great players for nothing right now.

Yes,we could have a much younger,faster,cheaper,and more effective bottom six and some better defensive depth if we weren't bogged down with all the overpaid UFA's Benning has signed.Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad