SI fan misery rankings Dallas is#9

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Seems like you aren't happy with his assessment, especially of the d prospects. That doesn't make him wrong.

:laugh: If I were writing an article about how terrible the team is and how weak the prospect pool is I would probably mention the Vances and Molins of the group as well. He cherry-picked names lower on the prospect totem pole to make his point. But sure, I'm unhappy because he disagrees with me.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
:laugh: If I were writing an article about how terrible the team is and how weak the prospect pool is I would probably mention the Vances and Molins of the group as well. He cherry-picked names lower on the prospect totem pole to make his point. But sure, I'm unhappy because he disagrees with me.
It wasn't meant to be a comprehensive analysis of every prospect on the team's depth chart. He identified the biggest names, and his point still stands. Even the article posted by our own HF writer makes it look like Oleksiak and Nemeth are still uncertain question marks, and those are the two prime D prospects who are supposed to provide the most immediate help.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It wasn't meant to be a comprehensive analysis of every prospect on the team's depth chart.

Obviously

He identified the biggest names

He missed the most NHL ready prospect (Jokipakka) and best OFD prospect (Klingberg) while including a guy who is the longest of long term projects (Vance).

I don't disagree with the final analysis. Like I said, it just seemed a little half-assed in places. At the end of the day it's a throw away type of article anyhow. Just tossed in my two cents.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I freely admit I haven't read his drivel but if I understand is he really bagging on two guys drafted in the 4th (Molin) and 5th round (Vance) as though the fact that they're not lighting it up as prospects a knock on the franchise? They're not done but anyone expecting anything from them or that Dallas failed to find another franchise player late in the draft is a moron.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I freely admit I haven't read his drivel but if I understand is he really bagging on two guys drafted in the 4th (Molin) and 5th round (Vance) as though the fact that they're not lighting it up as prospects a knock on the franchise? They're not done but anyone expecting anything from them or that Dallas failed to find another franchise player late in the draft is a moron.

If you've got an extra minute and a half go ahead and read it. I reckon the piece took about only twice that to write.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No, that's not what he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad