News Article: Shuttle bus driver sues Ottawa Senators Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Well the media can't exactly report inklings about that kinda stuff without proof. So I dont really blame them for this.

It's the organization that should be held accountable and shamed. Which this lawsuit, despite the over the top reports of damages is doing.

It's will be settled out of court. The kid will get some money and the organization will look greasy as ****.
The media just did release an inkling without proof. Not sure that line would even be allowed in the article without something to back it up.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
The media just did release an inkling without proof. Not sure that line would even be allowed in the article without something to back it up.
That line was from the lawsuit itself and it’s just an allegation with nothing proven. That’s not the media suggesting it.

Obviously I have no idea myself but it’s been a year since the incident so if it were true I bet we would have heard something by now. Either way I don’t think we’d ever know the truth as everything will be confidential.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Doesn't paint a pretty picture for the Senators claiming they were aware of his previous lewd behavior. They again handled a situation poorly and made things worse than they should have been.

This guy had access to a whole lot of kids and young men here that wanted him to like him to advance their careers. I hope we don't hear this went further than this incident, but I wouldn't bet on it if he was willing to be as bold as he apparently was and its not like he suddenly woke up a predator this late in his life.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
So this is rubbing a stranger's shoulders in jest after too much drink, and grabbing his crotch through his pants Michael Jackson style? Go ask a bartender in the market how often stuff like this happens in any given Friday shift.

I suspect one of three things is happening here:
1) There's more to this story that we don't know.
2) this person has the thinnest skin on the planet, or
3) they're looking to make a buck.

It could easily be some combination of all three.

Reactions: Cosmix

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
So this is rubbing a stranger's shoulders in jest after too much drink, and grabbing his crotch through his pants Michael Jackson style? Go ask a bartender in the market how often stuff like this happens in any given Friday shift.

I don’t see how there could be more to the story. Like if he did something else he would have been charged for it then and there.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

You do realize Lee has already plead guilty, right?

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I don’t see how there could be more to the story. Like if he did something else he would have been charged for it then and there.
I guess just in the way it happened more than what actually happened, you know? You can picture the events described both as being super creepy and intimidating or absolutely harmless. They sound pretty harmless to me, but you never know.

Reactions: Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Predictable. And they will settle out of court. No brainer for both sides.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The idea that unproven allegations should result in swif blind punishment says everything about culture?
What a dangerous and crazy culture that would be, unjust in every way shape and form

What if I was upset about your post, found out who you were and said you did something similar to me? Should your boss be treated as guilty? Should you be sent home from work?
Good luck finding a new job during all this, that’s the culture you support?
They seemed to have already already made up their mind right when it happened.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
They seemed to have already already made up their mind right when it happened.

Yes, he said he didn’t do anything and plead not guilty, you have to be proven guilty before being condemned, that’s all I was saying.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lee pled guilty so the idea of innocence in your argument is nonsense.

There’s a way to handle these thing so and coming out and defending Lee as Dorion and the club did is not the way - he may be your guy but you don’t ever put an employee ahead of the community and especially a teenager who has accused a man in charge of the other teenagers on the Sens roster of assault - you just simply say this ‘the team has removed Lee from all duties until the investigation is complete’ - you aren’t taking sides and you aren’t going against anyone and you aren’t in a creeps corner where the Sens painted them in It by taking sides because your supposed to be on the side of justice and community - what you are doing is being responsible and saying we will deal with this in full when the investigation is complete and until it is complete we have removed Lee from his job duties so he can deal with this.

End of story - that’s how a pro team would of dealt with it, but in ottawa its Melnyck versus the world and he just deals with everything badly and without any sense of community or accountability, and it ends up dragging along for 1.5 years and the team looking insensitive and stupid and petty.

Now you have an NHL team calling out a teenager who won his court case and Lee plead guilty, and your position is to call the teenager a faker and a fraud - that’s the position you put yourself in, going after an innconent kid because you’re a Baffon. And they will lose this court case as well. 2 sexual assault court case they are on the wrong side and will lose because of Stupidity. This is an NHL team and they have this over their head and headlines coming out since the draft last year, how bad is that for their image, but as a fan to me, it’s just disgusting they are doing this. Take responsibility , be the adult in the room and man the F up

First of all the teen is a grown ass man, second no assault occurred, nor was he charged or accused of assault. He was a drunk old perv trying to get laid. He got shut down and left, your trying to make it sound like he raped some ‘kid’
Was it ok? No. Was it criminal? No he was charged with a violation, a fine saying don’t be a jackass
And he plead not guilty at the time so he was still innocent, you know until proven guilty...

The whole idea that he was guilty, so everyone accused of anything should be treated as guilty is insane. The fact that it wasn’t treated as a ‘crime’ even if he was found guilty should at least be a hint that this is blown way out of proportion

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
There is a distinction somewhere to be made about credible accusations and rando anonymous accusations.

I also think the suggestion of an immediate suspension was a suspension with pay or at least that is what many proposed in the past.

I think you can support your employee while due process is done while still showing credible accusers the appropriate degree of respect. There is a balance to be had, i am not sure the sens did the best job of managing that

There is no way for people to seperate credible from random that’s why we have rules to protect us from fake ones, innocent untill proven guilty.
The rest I guess they could handle things different but he wasn’t accused of anything criminal so...

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
First of all the teen is a grown ass man, second no assault occurred, nor was he charged or accused of assault. He was a drunk old perv trying to get laid. He got shut down and left, your trying to make it sound like he raped some ‘kid’
Was it ok? No. Was it criminal? No he was charged with a violation, a fine saying don’t be a jackass
And he plead not guilty at the time so he was still innocent, you know until proven guilty...

The whole idea that he was guilty, so everyone accused of anything should be treated as guilty is insane. The fact that it wasn’t treated as a ‘crime’ even if he was found guilty should at least be a hint that this is blown way out of proportion
It's 2019 and the jig is up whether people like it or not. The pendulum may have swung aggresively but at least society is getting away from meeting accusations with nothing but doubt and blame. Finally people like R. Kelly and Randy Rick Lee are paying the price for their actions. You don't get to say you were "just trying to get laid" when you grope someone and openly touch your junk, that's harassment whether the old guard agrees or not. Dude got fired and had it coming. If he was this bold, it likely wasn't the first time either and this was the guy front and center helping numerous other teens over the years.

Has this organization done anything wrong in the past 2 years in your eyes?

Reactions: Upgrayedd

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes he did something wrong and got fired, at any point did I say what he did was fine or ok? No
And it does not matter the year, just because R Kelly is a pile of garbage does not mean people should have the right to due process taken away. If you think society moving towards guilty before any proof or details are realesed is “good” you are a dangerous human and sound like the type who burned witches at the cross before rules put a stop to random people being “guilty”
I think its been great after generations of victim blaming and excuses for the accused or just having enough power and authority to get off regardless. The pendulum has swung a bit too much but its about time we stopped talking about what they might have been wearing or doing that brought such things upon them, or always assuming the accuser is nothing but a liar out for money.

Some that shouldn't will pay the price, but at least it may start a movement where this long history of power, money and manipulation being used time and time again to abuse people can start to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad