News Article: Shuttle bus driver sues Ottawa Senators Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
If some dude started saying nasty shit to me and rubbing my shoulders I'd knock him out. But persistent trauma, and physiological issues stemming from this incident? I don't know..

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This organization tried to shelter Randy Lee and make excuses for his actions until they couldn’t.

Good look Eugene. What was it again, “harassment”?

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
As a result, the plaintiff "was injured externally, internally and permanently in and about the head, body, limbs and nervous system so that he became and will continue to be disabled and will continue to suffer pain, discomfort, disfigurement, distress and psychological adjustment, distress and trauma," the lawsuit says.

Is this guy for real? He now has permanent disfigurement due to the incident? WTF did Lee do to this guy and how did he get away with only a harassment charge....

In other news bars serve drunk people....

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Is this guy for real? He now has permanent disfigurement due to the incident? WTF did Lee do to this guy and how did he get away with only a harassment charge....

The actual incident shouldn’t be made light of. This dramatic statement however makes it sound like a cash grab. We will likely never hear about this case as it would be all private information and the team and restaurant would likely settle. I mean how much would he even be asking for in damages.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Makes it sound like he was in a car accident.

If he was groped and harassed, and it hurt him psychologically, the lawyer should just say that. I have no problem with a victim getting money from an individual or organization that causes psychological trauma. But at least describe it that way.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This team is such an embarrassment, Randy ‘Rick’ Lee is a creep, but the fact they stood beside him when I they should of immediately suspended him says everything about the culture.

Melncyk said proudly on the radio he caught a 12 year old kid who was bad talking the Senators - it’s a kid and so was this driver, have some decency.

It’s pathetic and it’s an indictment on how this team treats members of its community for its mayor, to its media pool, to its employees, to 12 year old hockey fans - without respect

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
This team is such an embarrassment, Randy ‘Rick’ Lee is a creep, but the fact they stood beside him when I they should of immediately suspended him says everything about the culture.

Melncyk said proudly on the radio he caught a 12 year old kid who was bad talking the Senators - it’s a kid and so was this driver, have some decency.

It’s pathetic and it’s an indictment on how this team treats members of its community for its mayor, to its media pool, to its employees, to 12 year old hockey fans - without respect

The idea that unproven allegations should result in swif blind punishment says everything about culture?
What a dangerous and crazy culture that would be, unjust in every way shape and form

What if I was upset about your post, found out who you were and said you did something similar to me? Should your boss be treated as guilty? Should you be sent home from work?
Good luck finding a new job during all this, that’s the culture you support?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The idea that unproven allegations should result in swif blind punishment says everything about culture?
What a dangerous and crazy culture that would be, unjust in every way shape and form

What if I was upset about your post, found out who you were and said you did something similar to me? Should your boss be treated as guilty? Should you be sent home from work?
There is a distinction somewhere to be made about credible accusations and rando anonymous accusations.

I also think the suggestion of an immediate suspension was a suspension with pay or at least that is what many proposed in the past.

I think you can support your employee while due process is done while still showing credible accusers the appropriate degree of respect. There is a balance to be had, i am not sure the sens did the best job of managing that

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
There is a distinction somewhere to be made about credible accusations and rando anonymous accusations.

I also think the suggestion of an immediate suspension was a suspension with pay or at least that is what many proposed in the past.

I think you can support your employee while due process is done while still showing credible accusers the appropriate degree of respect. There is a balance to be had, i am not sure the sens did the best job of managing that
Totally frivolous and would not even see the light of day if filed in Canada.

PEIslander

Apr 20, 2013
I wonder if the guy was injured in a suicide attempt stemming from the incident? I can't figure how else he would have been injured like that.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Totally frivolous and would not even see the light of day if filed in Canada.
But what does this have to do with the way the Sens handled the case?

A suspension with pay during the investigation was the way to go...Sens couldn't even get that right!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Lee pled guilty so the idea of innocence in your argument is nonsense.

There’s a way to handle these thing so and coming out and defending Lee as Dorion and the club did is not the way - he may be your guy but you don’t ever put an employee ahead of the community and especially a teenager who has accused a man in charge of the other teenagers on the Sens roster of assault - you just simply say this ‘the team has removed Lee from all duties until the investigation is complete’ - you aren’t taking sides and you aren’t going against anyone and you aren’t in a creeps corner where the Sens painted them in It by taking sides because your supposed to be on the side of justice and community - what you are doing is being responsible and saying we will deal with this in full when the investigation is complete and until it is complete we have removed Lee from his job duties so he can deal with this.

End of story - that’s how a pro team would of dealt with it, but in ottawa its Melnyck versus the world and he just deals with everything badly and without any sense of community or accountability, and it ends up dragging along for 1.5 years and the team looking insensitive and stupid and petty.

Now you have an NHL team calling out a teenager who won his court case and Lee plead guilty, and your position is to call the teenager a faker and a fraud - that’s the position you put yourself in, going after an innconent kid because you’re a Baffon. And they will lose this court case as well. 2 sexual assault court case they are on the wrong side and will lose because of Stupidity. This is an NHL team and they have this over their head and headlines coming out since the draft last year, how bad is that for their image, but as a fan to me, it’s just disgusting they are doing this. Take responsibility , be the adult in the room and man the F up

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
The worst and most under reported aspect of this whole case is that the article mentions that this has happened before and the Sens were aware. Anyone who knew and helped sweep this under the rug should be ashamed of themselves. The media included.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The worst and most under reported aspect of this whole case is that the article mentions that this has happened before and the Sens were aware. Anyone who knew and helped sweep this under the rug should be ashamed of themselves. The media included.

Well the media can't exactly report inklings about that kinda stuff without proof. So I dont really blame them for this.

It's the organization that should be held accountable and shamed. Which this lawsuit, despite the over the top reports of damages is doing.

It's will be settled out of court. The kid will get some money and the organization will look greasy as f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad