TSN Radio Shuffle at TSN 1050 (Toronto Sports Media thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Pretty sure it's standard practice that POS does not do Leafs Lunch when he's on the radio pre/post show in the evening on gameday.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I don't mind POS..sure he's a bit negative at times but his analysis is usually spot on.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Buttons probably right. Babcock seems to have an irrational hate for the kid. what a ****ing joke

I don't mind POS..sure he's a bit negative at times but his analysis is usually spot on.

He was adamantly arguing yesterday that Nylander won't improve, and compared disagreeing with him to disagreeing with Gretzky.

That's not spot on at all. That's an idiot.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He was adamantly arguing yesterday that Nylander won't improve, and compared disagreeing with him to disagreeing with Gretzky.

That's not spot on at all. That's an idiot.

what? nylander peaked at 20?. POS peaked at 17 not a surprise he thinks thats reasonable

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
I really don't get the O'Sullivan hate. I think he's one of the better ones on there.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I really don't get the O'Sullivan hate. I think he's one of the better ones on there.

"He was adamantly arguing yesterday that Nylander won't improve, and compared disagreeing with him to disagreeing with Gretzky"

What's not to get? You think that's good commentary?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Now he is at it with Scott Wheeler.

It appears that he is more into traditional eye metrics and not analytics. And he seems to be favouring opinions of people that actually played and not of the "press".

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't care that he played in the NHL.

Just image POS walking up to Mike Babcock, who thinks Nylander is a future C, and telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about, Nylander will never be a center and Babcock should agree with him because he played in the NHL. And if Babcock tried to disagree, POS would say "pfft, Wayne Gretzky could give you advice and you wouldn't listen".

Not everyone who played in the NHL thinks the same things anyway.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
"He was adamantly arguing yesterday that Nylander won't improve, and compared disagreeing with him to disagreeing with Gretzky"

What's not to get? You think that's good commentary?
Didn't hear that, in general I like him, and think he provides knowledgeable commentary. :dunno:

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

He's honestly awful. The whole "I played the game and you didn't" routine...there is nothing more annoying than that.

Jeff O'neil and Noodles are much more humble about it. They give you much better insight without being authoritative.

POS is a jerk. And frankly, his insight is awful. It's either extremely obvious, or way off base.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
He's honestly awful. The whole "I played the game and you didn't" routine...there is nothing more annoying than that.

Jeff O'neil and Noodles are much more humble about it. They give you much better insight without being authoritative.

POS is a jerk. And frankly, his insight is awful. It's either extremely obvious, or way off base.

I cant stand listening to him ( and turn the dial when he is on now ), he not only dismisses guys who have not played the game , he dismisses guys who have for many years ( Dave Poulin ) ... Any insight he does have is ruined by his arrogant presentation .. I hope they can the POS.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
is the tsn 1050 app no longer working? i can't listen to the radio on my phone
:laugh: i just got it working now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
or wait maybe within 1 hour after the show ends and podcast it. I do that with overdrive so the 4pm -5pm hour is usually uploaded before 5:20PM same goes for each subsequent hour.

that's what i generally do. i just felt like listening to something today, but Babs is done and i don't see the point.

nogutsnoglory

Oct 6, 2011

you need to go back and listen to Jeff from a few years ago and pay attention to what he says. He disagrees with most of the media guys, most of the time and talks about him playing the game constantly. He's matured though and slams guys with humor. He also doesn't get in twitter battles.

Osullivan is very similar, but he doesn't have the charm, wit or humor of Odog. He does have a more analytical and technical approach though.

He is a breath of fresh air in terms of calling out the demons in the game.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
you need to go back and listen to Jeff from a few years ago and pay attention to what he says. He disagrees with most of the media guys, most of the time and talks about him playing the game constantly. He's matured though and slams guys with humor. He also doesn't get in twitter battles.

Osullivan is very similar, but he doesn't have the charm, wit or humor of Odog. He does have a more analytical and technical approach though.

He is a breath of fresh air in terms of calling out the demons in the game.

he doesn't have any of these at all period.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
He's in desperate need of some cheese whiz.

Honestly I don't mind him most of the time but he does seem to have a sense of entitlement. I could do without the constant referrals to the dumb fans that just don't know because they haven't played in the NHL. He stumbles over words too much and pauses for way too long thinking of something that will make him sound smart. Never works.

Actually I just convinced myself I don't like him much at all.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
or wait maybe within 1 hour after the show ends and podcast it. I do that with overdrive so the 4pm -5pm hour is usually uploaded before 5:20PM same goes for each subsequent hour.

Sometimes the iTunes app isn't updated on time.
It gets annoying where they skip a day or hour of the show.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I don't mind POS when I'm listening to him. When I watch him on TV he grosses me out. He gives dirty looks to Gord Miller and I don't think that I've ever seen him smile. I have no time for negative people like that. Unfortunately I live in Guelph and my signal is crap on the radio. I have to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad