Pre-Game Talk: Showdown in Cowtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Does Khaira get the healthy scratch?

Lagesson in for Jones?

How does Nygard respond after his best game of the season?

Expecting a hungry group after they got shit kicked by the flames last round.

5-2 Oil. (Nygardx2, Klefbom, Yamamoto, Sheahan) (Lucic, Reider)

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Has anyone ever come up with a good name for the saddle dome? Something relating to how it's meant to look like something you are resting your nether regions on? :)

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Good News: I got free tickets/drink/food for the game tomorrow.

Bad News: Oilers suck when I watch them live.

Worst News: I have attended all Flame home games that Lucic has scored in.

Lets break the cycle!

If we lose, I just want you to know I'm holding you personally responsible. :p

Reactions: Weitz

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Team is healthy and on a roll, no reason we can’t win this game. Little nervous about Smith, if he plays could go either way. He’s either gonna be lights out against his old team or he won’t be able to stop a beach ball. Let’s go Oilers!!

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
Team is healthy and on a roll, no reason we can’t win this game. Little nervous about Smith, if he plays could go either way. He’s either gonna be lights out against his old team or he won’t be able to stop a beach ball. Let’s go Oilers!!

I actually feel confident with Smith playing tomorrow over Costco.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Would be sweet to see Neal pot his 20th and Smith get the win (preferably in a shutout and an empty net goal). But on the flip, it could be terrifying seeing Talbot with a Shutout with Lucic and Reider lighting it up.

Let's hope for the first scenario, or just win baby.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Main reason I am nervous about Smith is if we go to OT or a shootout we are basically toast.

upload_2020-1-10_16-30-5.jpeg

Speaking of which, they should make Reilly toast.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Basically at the same point in time in 2017, the Oilers matched up with Calgary in Edmonton on the second Saturday of January on HNIC. Calgary was 23-22 and Edmonton was also 23-22 (but with 5 additional OTL to put them higher in the standings).

Edmoton won 2-1 in OT setting Calgary into a tailspin before AllStar Break while Edmonton kept rolling including a 7-3 throttling of Calgary at the Saddlesore the following Saturday. By the All Star Break, Edmonton was 11 points up on Calgary.

Would love to see that scenario play out again complete with wins in the upcoming games against Calgary at the end of the month and early February.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This is likely the start of the most important juncture of the season. If we can get three Ws out of Calgary and two Was out of Ari, I think it's impossible to miss the playoffs.

We lose all those games? Impossible to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad