Should we trade the draft pick or draft Eichel instead of Mcdavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Anyone who watched the lottery could tell clear as day that Mcdavid looked devastated and extremely depressed when Edmonton won.

I don't want him here if he doesn't want to play for us. Should we trade the pick? I'm sure we could get a bonafide superstar from another team or even 3-4 very solid NHL proven players. That could be better and turn us into contenders now instead of drafting a kid and hoping he pans out who doesn't even want to be here.

Or maybe we should draft Eichel instead of Mcdavid and hope he turns into a better NHL player? I don't want somebody here who doesn't want to play for us, no matter how good he is. What do you guys think?

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Way too early to be saying that. His hockey fate was just decided that moment who knows what he was thinking.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No and no.

McDavid will get over any sadness he maybe have felt.

You don't screw this pick up.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
ALREADY? We just got our golden ticket, let's hold off complaining for a day or two please.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Over analysis of facial expressions imo
He looked nervous as heck from start to finish

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The pick is going to be McDavid, no GM will take the risk of dealing him and having it blow up in his face, least of all this franchise where the fans are already at the GM/POHO's throats and had to endure Gretzky being traded.

Kid has already said he hates players that don't report to teams they're picked by.

He will be fine. If he is the real deal, there is plenty of talent here for him to work with, now the Oilers have a plethora of options to upgrade the D too. Draisiatl or even RNH theoretically could be on the table for trade, the PIT 1st certainly could be, a player like Erhoff or someone like that may sign here now, etc. etc.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I actually like Eichel more for the Oilers in terms of fit. He's beastly fast.

McDavid is the obvious No.1

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
I'd be tempted to trade down and take Eichel but Buffalo would have to give up one of their d-prospects and another pick on top of the #2 overall. Doubt they do it but never say never.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hahaha. So this is going to be the story then. The Oilers will take McDavid. No question about it.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Mario was not happy about going to PIT and look at him now, he's completely immersed in the Pittsburgh community and part owner of the Pens.

Who cares if McDavid was unhappy, or maybe he was just nervous as ****, he'll be a good fit here

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The same garbage was said when Taylor Hall was interviewed after the Oilers won the lottery in 2010.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Buffalo isn't paying much to move up.

They also don't have anything that would fix the Oilers. Let's try and remember that they traded most of their roster this year already.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
The question is do we move Leon to the wing
Not permanently. I'd rather see Lander moved to the wing to accommodate Draisaitl. Draisaitl's passing, positioning, and puck protection all scream 'centre' to me, and I think you waste his best talents by moving him to the wing. Moving someone like Lander who has defensive nous, strong boardwork, and a willingness to go to net lets him transition to the wing without losing his best qualities.

I think we end up with three legitimate scoring lines by the end of next season.

Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Hall-McDavid-xx
xx-Draisaitl-Yakupov

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think you trade mcdavid, if someone wants to grossly overpay, then maybe.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Buffalo isn't paying much to move up.

They also don't have anything that would fix the Oilers. Let's try and remember that they traded most of their roster this year already.
Well, we could do with a Bogosian.

I would rather leverage a different asset though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad