Kings Article: Should We Really Be Surprised That Dustin Brown Remains Goalless?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Reflecting back when Brownie signed his HTD contract, I forget how much that had meant to the kings, and probably even more so, to Lombardi. I think about how Lombardi had preached about building a "winning culture", which we clearly have, thanks in part to Brownie. I don't know, maybe without the Brownie's HTD, we don't sign a guy like Scuds or a Mitchell. So, while Brownie gave the Kings a HTD, Kopi on the other hand, decided he wanted to be one of the highest paid players at the time. Something to think about...

If I know Brownie, the guy's just trying too hard to score. He's got the world on his shoulders: trying too hard to thank DL for the gracious contract; trying too hard to tell the fans, "yeah, I'm going to live up to my contract". All I know is, when Brownie scores his next goal, I'll be giving him a standing ovation, because I know how HUGE of a burden he's been carrying around for all this time.

Brownie, some of us still believe in you. I hope you're a King for life.

Go Captain Dustin Brown! :yo:

donkozak

Feb 16, 2014
canada
I Think You Nailed It!!!

Think Brown's troubles go deeper than him not going to the scoring areas, I think it's just his hands that are completely gone. He's fighting the puck every step of the way, struggling to maintain possession on the boards and to make tape to tape passes, rarely makes a good tip. His shot has gone away completely. He never had a consistently great shot but he had a pretty good one, now it's weak and inaccurate. Some of it is a confidence issue I'm sure but I'm starting to doubt he'll ever be a decent scorer again.

Couldn't agree more and with that Albatross of a contract if the Kings have to eat this one Lombardi will be fired along with Sutter who seems intent on letting the Kopi,Gabby rot while force feeding Brown on them!The solution to the problem has Gabby with Kopi and Pearson.Any other trio is stupid and Insane!!!The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result...Well Darryl?

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Always love the discussion on these boards. Thanks for providing a lot of good talking points you guys!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Couldn't agree more and with that Albatross of a contract if the Kings have to eat this one Lombardi will be fired along with Sutter who seems intent on letting the Kopi,Gabby rot while force feeding Brown on them!The solution to the problem has Gabby with Kopi and Pearson.Any other trio is stupid and Insane!!!The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result...Well Darryl?

I really hope your joking. Your brilliant solution hasn't worked as its been tried. Thanks for playing though.

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008
Reflecting back when Brownie signed his HTD contract, I forget how much that had meant to the kings, and probably even more so, to Lombardi. I think about how Lombardi had preached about building a "winning culture", which we clearly have, thanks in part to Brownie. I don't know, maybe without the Brownie's HTD, we don't sign a guy like Scuds or a Mitchell. So, while Brownie gave the Kings a HTD, Kopi on the other hand, decided he wanted to be one of the highest paid players at the time. Something to think about...

If I know Brownie, the guy's just trying too hard to score. He's got the world on his shoulders: trying too hard to thank DL for the gracious contract; trying too hard to tell the fans, "yeah, I'm going to live up to my contract". All I know is, when Brownie scores his next goal, I'll be giving him a standing ovation, because I know how HUGE of a burden he's been carrying around for all this time.

Brownie, some of us still believe in you. I hope you're a King for life.

Go Captain Dustin Brown! :yo:

I'm with you on this one, stats may not be there but can't ever say he isn't trying. I think he'll come around once he gets that first goal through.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Pretty sure it was Pearson Kopitar Brown, not Gaborik. And it came up with a couple goals in its limited lifetime, iirc.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
They both look out of shape on the ice, the mistakes they are making, and lack of moving their feet, is what out of shape players do. They both look like they are playing their way into shape. Kopitar has a history of not being a top fitness King, Lombardi has said numerous times that Kopitar needs to take that next step with Fitness.

"Brown and Kopitar were two of several Kings who reported to training camp in great shape after an extended offseason of workouts that followed a failed attempt to defend their 2013-14 Stanley Cup title."

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...-on-dustin-brown-he-has-to-be-a-better-player

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
He reminds me of the guy in pick up basketball that can't dribble but wants to. You know, the guy that starts to panic and turns the ball over. No vision or hands. But if trying were as important as goals he'd be worth....4 million?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad