Should we keep RPG together?

Nikko*

Yes. Ryan was taken off that line because we needed to force more depth scoring. The other lines are chipping in this season and as long as they keep contributing, it makes it easier to keep the most dominant line in the NHL together.

But BB probably will move Ryan down when Palmieri comes back, that's just his part of his philosophy. It makes is a very hard team to match up against. It's a win-win situation IMO. I just love what RPG brings to the team. They have the ability to be absolute game breakers.

Definitely. They are all big bodied players who like to throw big hits and can all thread beautiful passes to each other. I feel like Holland and Teemu looked decent in their time last night. Hopefully KP can be the straw that stirs it. Then we'd be set. Beleskey is too one dimensional. All he does is shoot, and that's why he is a good fourth liner.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
KP went on IR yesterday: http://www.forecaster.ca/demos/hockey/movements.cgi

I would definitely keep him on the 4th and 2nd lines when he comes back. There's no reason to rush RPG to separate. Have you seen how well they have played lately?? Maybe playing on a dominant line will make Pears want to stay more (one can dream)? Maybe this will force us to get a better #2 center?

Oh wow. And here someone has mentioned that KP might be able to play with the team on the road trip. Yikes. Hope KP heals well and fast. Unfortunate events.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Don't fix it if it isn't broken. We should not break the RPG line if it works. We have been discussing about breaking the 3rd line to make the 2nd line better but it has stayed intact so far and no one wants to break it. Sucks to be Selänne right now but if the team is winning, lets not change anything.

The problem isn't fixed by using Bobby as a center there, because it has worked sometimes and sometimes it hasn't. The only good way to fix it would be to trade for a 2nd line center.

Right now, they should focus on having two lines that can score and two lines that don't get scored against.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
too bad. even fowler never hit IR. booo :(
we can keep RPG together at home, but on the Road, we need to spread out the depth so that we're dangerous all the time, we can't line match on the road, we've strictly had koivu against opposing top players, not so much away

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
KP went on IR yesterday: http://www.forecaster.ca/demos/hockey/movements.cgi

I would definitely keep him on the 4th and 2nd lines when he comes back. There's no reason to rush RPG to separate. Have you seen how well they have played lately?? Maybe playing on a dominant line will make Pears want to stay more (one can dream)? Maybe this will force us to get a better #2 center?
Did we call someone up?

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
Until Kyle comes back, I would like to see a second line of Teemu, Holland, and Etem. Etem has the speed and skills to play with Teemu, and Holland hasn't been given a real chance to be 2nd line center except for a couple of games.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Without KP, I think you have to keep RPG together

RPG
Etem-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon

Edit: I don't really like having both Holland and Etem in the top 6. I wish we had one extra veteran top 6 proven player on this team

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
too bad. even fowler never hit IR. booo :(
we can keep RPG together at home, but on the Road, we need to spread out the depth so that we're dangerous all the time, we can't line match on the road, we've strictly had koivu against opposing top players, not so much away

He's on IR because Staubitz is too injured to play, Bonino has the flu, and they're out of forwards to dress. Palmieri probably has the longest/most uncertain time frame and they can't dress 18 skaters unless they play 7 D (assuming Allen is actually healthy) or they put someone on IR.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He'll also be placed on it retroactively which means he can be taken off IR 7 days from the first game he sat out as opposed to 7 days from today. Also IIRC Fowler was placed on IR.

Either way it pays never to listen to coaches with injuries. Boudreau has misinformed us with both Fowler and Palmieri.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Its tough but the second line really needs some help. Almost anyone they put with Getz/pears has success.

I would think..

Etem/Belesky - Getzlaf -Perry
Ryan - Holland/Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Etem/Belesky/Macmillian/Maroon

Holland is Anaheims future 2nd line center, developing chemistry with Ryan could be really benefitial, Selanne needs a skilled player to receive his plays.

Don't wanna touch the third line, Belesky has done well on top line, but with Etems speed and Getz/Pears passing so many odd man rushes and he is a strong forechecker.

Kids on 4th line have been strong playing gritty, even if other teams manage to mismatch against them Maroon and Belesky can punish physically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad