Should we keep RPG together?

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
When Palmeri comes back, is it better to keep the super line together, or have three dangerous lines by returning Ryan to Teemu's line? It has been fun knowing that you have one line that is going to score at least one goal a game.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
No.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Selanne
Cogs-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon

I want that to be our lineup when Palms comes back.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
No. Ryan needs to start carrying another line. I'd keep him at center a little more, he seemed more engaged.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's probably important to keep them separated on the away games so line matching is more difficult. It's also possible they're trying to get Ryan used to playing with Getzlaf again in case there's no more Perry in 3 weeks though.

Just saying.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
No.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Selanne
Cogs-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon

I want that to be our lineup when Palms comes back.

this. i want to see this. or maybe Ryan at C. but basically yes, I want that top line split up.
You win by rolling 4 scoring lines and you win based on depth. by putting RPG together we lose a 2nd line. (its been awful)

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
The second line needs to be (consistently) more dangerous than it has been. Putting Ryan there def. helps in that regard. When Palmieri comes back, I would try his hand with the twins. If that doesn't work, Beleskey seems to really excel in that position as well.

DaDucks*

Don't need a 2nd line if we continue to kill penalties, block shots, stay out of the box, score on the power play, win at home, have a 3rd line that can score, have a 4th line that isn't a liability and....... ohh ya steam roll teams with RPG.

Somehow left out solid D
And goaltending

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Didn't Palms net a hat trick on the top line? Or am I imagining that? I want someone making $5 mil be on another line and not pick up residual points because the other two forwards are grinding away. Lol let a rookie do what Ryan has been.

DaDucks*

Didn't Palms net a hat trick on the top line? Or am I imagining that? I want someone making $5 mil be on another line and not pick up residual points because the other two forwards are grinding away. Lol let a rookie do what Ryan has been.

Look at Ryan's assists and then look at KP's... 1 hat trick vs Ryan's play this season???
C'mon now

When getzlaf is at the top of his game, u feed him perry and Ryan

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Tbh, I don't really care if Ryan, Palmieri, or Beleskey is on the LW. Each has been effective there this year.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Tbh, I don't really care if Ryan, Palmieri, or Beleskey is on the LW. Each has been effective there this year.
This is where I am. You add that to the fact that Bobby is occasionally effective elsewhere, too, and it's a no-brainer to me to split them up.

Did you see Bobby just SHOVE Pietrangelo aside tonight behind the net? Why the **** doesn't he do that more?

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
As much as I love RPG together, it makes our 2nd line weaker. Once Kyle is healthy I want him back w/ the twins and Bobby w/ Holland and Selanne. Bobby and Kyle have shown they can be successful in those positions. This makes it more difficult to defend against especially on the road.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
I like the idea of playing Holland with Teemu and Bobby, but before trying out that line, I would like to see if a line of Holland, Teemu and Palmeiri have any chemistry first. The one thing Bobby adds to the first line that the others don't is his passing ability, where all three are threats with their vision, passing and shooting abilities.

Nikko*

I like the idea of playing Holland with Teemu and Bobby, but before trying out that line, I would like to see if a line of Holland, Teemu and Palmeiri have any chemistry first. The one thing Bobby adds to the first line that the others don't is his passing ability, where all three are threats with their vision, passing and shooting abilities.

Very good post. I agree. And I don't think Beleskey has excelled on the first line, he just has a quick release and is able to finish some of the amazing passes that have been fed to him. His cycling skills are not close to the same level as the twins and he is susceptible to turnovers when lightly pressured. Also, he can't pass.

yadui

Mar 11, 2013
Shanghai, PRC
I'm ok to try both, Ryan or Palmieri on first.

Very good post. I agree. And I don't think Beleskey has excelled on the first line, he just has a quick release and is able to finish some of the amazing passes that have been fed to him. His cycling skills are not close to the same level as the twins and he is susceptible to turnovers when lightly pressured. Also, he can't pass.

This. I like his effort and energy he brings, but with his hockey IQ he's not top six material.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
KP went on IR yesterday: http://www.forecaster.ca/demos/hockey/movements.cgi

I would definitely keep him on the 4th and 2nd lines when he comes back. There's no reason to rush RPG to separate. Have you seen how well they have played lately?? Maybe playing on a dominant line will make Pears want to stay more (one can dream)? Maybe this will force us to get a better #2 center?

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
I'm ok to try both, Ryan or Palmieri on first.

This. I like his effort and energy he brings, but with his hockey IQ he's not top six material.
I'll third this. Beleskey is a fourth line player. It is embarassing to watch him on the 'second line' with Teemu and Holland. I know our lines got screwey last night with Bonino getting sick, but that was like a nothing line.

Oct 18, 2011
Yes.
You have to ride them while they are hot.

RPG are good enough to win games by themselves, when Palmieri returns let's revisit the subject but Ryan and Selanne just don't click together, that line needs a speed element to work.

Optimally BM can find us a 2nd line center, the 3rd is to good to break up, and Bonino plays alot better in the bottom 6. If Mike Ribiero became available we'd have to look at it, he would be a perfect center on the 2nd line

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas

Thirded.

And Ryan hasn't "carried" the second line at all this season, with the exception of a few hot games. He's looked good at times, sure, but not in comparison to the last couple of games where he's looked as dangerous as ever with Getzlaf and Perry.

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
Yes. Ryan was taken off that line because we needed to force more depth scoring. The other lines are chipping in this season and as long as they keep contributing, it makes it easier to keep the most dominant line in the NHL together.

But BB probably will move Ryan down when Palmieri comes back, that's just his part of his philosophy. It makes is a very hard team to match up against. It's a win-win situation IMO. I just love what RPG brings to the team. They have the ability to be absolute game breakers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad