Should we be worried about Attendence (Trolls Stay Away)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yes, but I think attendance will improve.

Part of me thinks Viola, a business man, bought this team to eventually move it to Canada where the value would increase over night and his attendance issues will be solved immediately. His return on his originally investment would probably make up for whatever short term losses he would endure plus some. Then he'd make money every year when the team sells out almost every night and is a perennial playoff contender. The other part of me thinks he's committed to riding out the low attendance and will turn this team into a winner in sfla.

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
Yes, but I think attendance will improve.

Part of me thinks Viola, a business man, bought this team to eventually move it to Canada where the value would increase over night and his attendance issues will be solved immediately.

As far as relocation is concerned, one question people need to ask is where would they go? I doubt there's any chance they go back to Atlanta. Quebec City is thrown around as a potential option, but if the league was really serious about moving the Panthers there, they would have facilitated the sale of the team to that Quebec guy, not Viola. Plus, Viola is a New York guy. Where do New Yorkers typically migrate to? Certainly not Seattle and sure as hell not Quebec City or Hamilton.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I believe that was a mistake. Didn't that happen after our recent playoff run?

Agreed and that's correct. Yormark thought attendance would improve with the playoff run (as it did with the bandwagoners catching notice until the team went back into being a bottom feeder) and opened up Club Red as well. As we know, that was an epic fail. The parking charge must be essential for revenue or else I think Viola & Cifu would eliminate it.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Why do you think they will get nothing? I thought the general consensus around here was that they will get some of what they're asking for but not everything.

There is nothing in the deal that is appealing to Broward. The Panthers wanted all of it because I think they think that if Broward gives them this money they could get more subsidies form them like in Glendale.

Part of me thinks Viola, a business man, bought this team to eventually move it to Canada where the value would increase over night and his attendance issues will be solved immediately. His return on his originally investment would probably make up for whatever short term losses he would endure plus some. Then he'd make money every year when the team sells out almost every night and is a perennial playoff contender. The other part of me thinks he's committed to riding out the low attendance and will turn this team into a winner in sfla.

Quebec has an owner. Viola can't run the team there. He didn't buy the team to sell, unless everything anyone has told me was wrong, which I doubt. Not into conspiracies.

Also Viola's kid has a pretty high ranking job in the team and Cifu's niece is head of media relations. Doing a hell of a job pretending if that was the case.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
I was expecting more people in stands after New Years (numbers for three holiday season games were promising and team's trip to west was successful).
Same thing is happening with tv ratings, very low.
People in this thread are complaining about ticket prices, too high, but they are cheaper than they were 20 years ago in Miami. So is simple reason for low attendance arena's location? Should it have been in Miami (with Heat)? Anyways, that's impossible to fix now.

JOL

Jan 19, 2006
I was expecting more people in stands after New Years (numbers for three holiday season games were promising and team's trip to west was successful).
Same thing is happening with tv ratings, very low.
People in this thread are complaining about ticket prices, too high, but they are cheaper than they were 20 years ago in Miami. So is simple reason for low attendance arena's location? Should it have been in Miami (with Heat)? Anyways, that's impossible to fix now.

JOL

No, the simple reason is that the team has been very bad for too long.

To think that an 'ok' start to the season will be enough to reverse over a decade of stench is not realistic.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
No, the simple reason is that the team has been very bad for too long.

To think that an 'ok' start to the season will be enough to reverse over a decade of stench is not realistic.

What will then? If during past season there was about 3-4k in attendence with free tickets, should we always expect 10K crowd when the team is battling or outside the playoffs? How sustainable is it?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
hopefully with the low attendance it will pressure the front office to be a little aggressive and actually try and go after a scoring winger. everything thats not ekblad-bjugstad-barkov and obviously luongo should be on the table. picks, prospects, its time to make moves.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
What will then? If during past season there was about 3-4k in attendence with free tickets, should we always expect 10K crowd when the team is battling or outside the playoffs? How sustainable is it?
The thing is you have to succeed first to build up a core fanbase before you can expect a large core of fans that attend games no matter what down here. The Panthers haven't done that to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad