Should Victor Hedman be given the Captaincy?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Lmao

Stamkos literally set the bar for taking a discount to keep the core and pay the guys. Hedman followed sue and everyone else has bought in. Alot of our core contracts and bridge deals have all been for the benefit of the team. Stamkos started this, he bought in and as the leader everyone followed his example

He could have gotten more anywhere else and Tampa would have paid him. Look at the greedy Leafs and all their success for it.

Guys had bad luck with injuries. Why are so many people turning on him now. How many times I gotta tell y'all he's still a huge part of this team and core.

Why turn our backs on him and strip the C. Dont be silly

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Why turn our backs on him and strip the C?

Cause every time when we need him he is always injured.
I mean it's not his fault obviously, but the idea of the captain who can actually play hockey is not that bad.

A captain is suppose to set an example. What kind of example Bolts have? Don't play hockey cause you are not healthy enough? In that case every single Tampa fan can find a good reason why he/she is not a Bolts player. So let's make one of the fans the team captain then :laugh:

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
tenor.gif

Reactions: DaBolts

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think he got rushed into it a couple years early because of MSL's departure but he was clearly the next in line, hindsight is 20/20 but Hedman was nowhere near the same maturity/skill-level he is now back in 2014, he was still a pretty quiet kid and it was pretty damn clear it was Stamkos' team based on how he was taking charge right before that knee injury.

I think captaincy did hurt Stamkos for those 2+ years after his injury, trying to find his game again while in a different leadership role kinda put him in a black hole. However, Stamkos has matured into that role and everyone looks up to him & Hedman anyways so it doesn't really matter anymore and he's not going to lose it unless he leaves the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean it's not his fault obviously, but the idea of the captain who can actually play hockey is not that bad.

A captain is suppose to set an example. What kind of example Bolts have? Don't play hockey cause you are not healthy enough? In that case every single Tampa fan can find a good reason why he/she is not a Bolts player. So let's make one of the fans the team captain then :laugh:

:facepalm:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is a simple article that explain the importance of leadership. And specifically a "leadership by example":
Leading by Example: How to Lead a Team Honestly and Authentically

And you're in the locker room enough measure said leadership?

I mean if you want an example of "playing even though you're not fully healthy just set an example" then remember when Hedman came back from injury early last year, got his ass dangled for the game winning goal against Columbus in game 1, talked a lot of shit to Jacket's in game 2, then sat his ass down in games 3/4 when the team got humiliated?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lmao

Stamkos literally set the bar for taking a discount to keep the core and pay the guys. Hedman followed sue and everyone else has bought in. Alot of our core contracts and bridge deals have all been for the benefit of the team. Stamkos started this, he bought in and as the leader everyone followed his example

He could have gotten more anywhere else and Tampa would have paid him. Look at the greedy Leafs and all their success for it.

Guys had bad luck with injuries. Why are so many people turning on him now. How many times I gotta tell y'all he's still a huge part of this team and core.

yep and people forget that remember when we all thought we had to pay stamkos 11 avv per season and he took 8.5 avv and set the bar here.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
1) And you're in the locker room enough measure said leadership?

2) I mean if you want an example of "playing even though you're not fully healthy just set an example" then remember when Hedman came back from injury early last year, got his ass dangled for the game winning goal against Columbus in game 1, talked a lot of shit to Jacket's in game 2, then sat his ass down in games 3/4 when he team got humiliated?

1) This is not how the leadership by example works. See the article I posted in my previous message.

2) I can find an example of a bad play / a bad business / a bad political / a bad military decision for every single leader that humankind ever had. One bad example does not prove that the science behind it does not work. That's not how statistics works.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
1) This is not how the leadership by example works. See the article i posted in my previous message.

2) I can find an example of a bad play / a bad business / a bad political / a bad military decision for every single leader that humankind ever had. Finding a bad example does not prove that the science behind it does not work.

Oh yeah a generic article for wanna be leaders and some guy from an online message board is better than the judgement of someone's peers and the management group of a professional organization :laugh:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah a generic article for wanna be leaders and some guy from an online message board is better than the judgement of someone's peers and the management group of a professional organization :laugh:
It's more like hundreds years of scientific development vs your "better judgement".

Edit: And if you don't trust the article, you can always take a course/program/subject in Leadership in most of unis in Canada to make sure that the article is correct, while your opinion is not.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
These days the letter is more of a PR gag to sell merch anyway. Shattenkirk or Maroon aren’t wearing a letter and both have been confirmed by the team as vocal leaders. Also, Hedman already wears an A and does all the talking to refs and officials.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010

That's why you have alternate captains... :help: How would changing the A to a C change much?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We all want Stamkos on the ice, but he really did start the Tampa WAY of taking less for the team

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lmao

What discount? Dude came off of a 72 and then 64 point seasons before signing. 8.5M was actually generous for him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's not worth the drama for the supposed benefit. Remember all the grief when Vinny was stripped of it? And that was with a far more qualified candidate.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
I just want the team to stop playing these games, and give the damn fans an update. I hear in these times they can't even do the ridiculous UBI, LBI, or whatever.

Instead of Cooper trying to take his ball and go home... "No, don't ask me, I'll tell you when" crap. Maybe throw a bone to the fans, even the usual empty chatter, "well, he tweaked something, but he's working his bag off to get back, we have all our trainers working with him to get him back, we're trying, fingers crossed."

Instead, it's just... "Don't ask." WTF?!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00