Should the NHL permit tax gross ups in the cap to level the playing field across jurisdictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Why stop there?

Cold Weather Cap Exemption?

No nightlife cap exemption?

Musty locker room cap exemption?

Our Team hasn't been to the finals 50+ years cap exemption?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Meh I dont think it matters. The taxes are much lower in the U.S as a whole and it still doesnt help attract talent in some markets. Winning is winning. If you have a good team, youll attract talent.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I’m thinking to make things more equal we should dispense with chartered flights and require all players and staff to fly economy on league approved airlines.

Also the travel distances between teams are unfair. For example San Jose has to fly to every road game, many on multi hour flights, whereas New Jersey can simply bus the team to some of their rivals. To balance this all out every team should be required to take a plane flight equal to the average team travel distance, and all teams have to stay at out of town hotels an equal number of days. An example illustration: the Rangers are playing at the Islanders, for fairness the Rangers will be required to fly to Indianapolis the day before the game where they’ll stay overnight before flying into New York for their game against the Isles the following day.

Reactions: Individual 1

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I’m thinking to make things more equal we should dispense with chartered flights and require all players and staff to fly economy on league approved airlines.

Also the travel distances between teams are unfair. For example San Jose has to fly to every road game, many on multi hour flights, whereas New Jersey can simply bus the team to some of their rivals. To balance this all out every team should be required to take a plane flight equal to the average team travel distance, and all teams have to stay at out of town hotels an equal number of days. An example illustration: the Rangers are playing at the Islanders, for fairness the Rangers will be required to fly to Indianapolis the day before the game where they’ll stay overnight before flying into New York for their game against the Isles the following day.
If that's the case, then I also want team meals to be the same throughout the league. If Melnyk is feeding his team microwaved mac and cheese with imitation crab meat then the Maple Leafs have to forego their steak and lobster buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad