Speculation: Should the Islanders trade for Johnny Boychuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
i would gladly trade alot for boychuk, yeah i know he is a ufa sure long island might not be where h wants to play but what other holes do the isles have if one is filled by boychuk, our goaltending is very good, our forwards are elite and with boychuk our defense goes from below average to above average, also he is a young vet and was a main component for a stanley cup winning team just a few seasons ago

I will if he does not have a "Hometown" affection or his family has a strong preference to live in a certain city. He has won SC so he is not as desperate to win a cup as Vanek or Miller. Is he a good friend of Johnston and would that connection help? Also is Isles ready to offer him a great contract right away if they can land him? With him in the line-up, he would certainly help the Isles young defense. It will cost them a young player or prospect with cheap contract unless Isles is willing to taken on Kelly or Campbell in the package. There will be other team in the bid too and they may be able to offer a prospect plus a 2015 2nd round which Isles could not afford to give up (as they do not have the 1st pick already) in a very deep draft year. Would Boston permit Islanders to talk to him prior to the trade or include a conditional pick in the deal based on if he signs?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don't think BOS trades Boychuk but if hes made available for the right price you absolutely have to make a serious effort to get him....

He only has 1yr left so our top prospects are off the table but the B level guys are fine by me.

Boychuk would make a HUGE impact for us. 24 year old Hamonic is our leader on the blue line right now. A 30 year old Vet with lots of playoff experience would do wonders for us.

Homeland, yes we should and yes we DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad