Should The Habs tank the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Yes, lets take the decision to tank, 16 games into the season in playoffs position, instead of trying to improve the team.

923-facepalm.gif

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Keep on thinking losing 2/5 games 6-1 is good and stop quoting me then. They would have lost in 4 and you'd still be talking about their good performance, not enough sorry.

Never said it was good but humiliated? Lol. Maybe you're insecure and felt humiliated but we were at their level the whole playoffs. They won the series because of Anderson.

We've proved you wrong. If you dare, prove us wrong and tell us which game we were dominated to the point of being humiliated. Go on.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
We've proved you wrong. If you dare, prove us wrong and tell us which game we were dominated to the point of being humiliated. Go on.
Proved me wrong by saying we werent humiliated and repeating what I just wrote (2 good games)??

The two games we lost 6-1?
:help:
The fact that we almost got broomed in 4?
Your standards seem low...

Last edited:

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
16 games played... Still above .500... 66 to go.

Relax.

And most of those games against western conference teams.

Chill out people.

Habs will make the playoffs, and will improve their record playing more eastern conference games for the rest of the year. This is a weird calendar.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Depends. I still don't like MB, I have never liked MT. I do not believe they see the same problems the fans do. If it was a rebuild with new management, or management that shared the same ideas I have, I'm all for a tank.

At this point, I see years of patching a few holes with no real change in philosophy. I hate it.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
This team must not buy players at deadline though, and sell which ever player not coming back next season. Cannot afford to let UFA walk.

As Doug Wilson made at the last deadline. He tanked on players like Clowe and Murray (getting four 2nd rounders) but also acquired Torres from Phoenix for a third. I would say I won't be against if you can land a first round draft pick for Markov if you've any intention to resign him. Also, Gionta for a second and a third. Also, Douglas Murray, Raphaël Diaz and all UFA's. Time to get some assets on guys you don't want to get back.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
1. Sign Subban for 8 years
2. Make the playoffs
3. Tank next year.
4. Get Therrien fired.
5. Draft McDavid.
6. ???
7. Profit.

Last edited:

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
I would love to draft another top 5.

Either by tanking or by trade (see Boston)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Serious answer:

- it's been 16 games, relax
- the concept of 'tanking' is fallacious. You can't exactly lose on purpose, unless you send all your best players in the press box.

I disagree. Tanking could be construed as trading away your best players, which would usually lead to you falling in the standings.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
those are the worst of threads... tank... after 16 games... seriously :help:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Do not be crazy. We are literally 20% through the season and sitting in a playoff spot.

I just googled and found a site www.mangameslost.com. It keeps a running tally of how many man games lost each team has so far this year. The Habs are in second place with 79 games lost. That works out to 4.9 per game.

I know that injuries happen to every team team and they are not avoidable. The Habs are in second only to the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad