Should The Habs tank the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
If the team risks getting HUMILIATED by a team like ottawa last year Id say tank
Im still pissed after last year.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Stick to the plan. Whether it involved tanking or not.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Serious question. instead of chasing a playoff spot and getting knocked out of the first round again. the habs should draft top 3 again
If we were a bunch of over the hill vets... sure, go trade a bunch away. That's what should've happened 5 or 6 years ago.

Now? With Price, Max, PK, Eller, Gallys? No.

CarrePrisme

Feb 7, 2009
Serious question. instead of chasing a playoff spot and getting knocked out of the first round again. the habs should draft top 3 again

Serious answer:

- it's been 16 games, relax
- the concept of 'tanking' is fallacious. You can't exactly lose on purpose, unless you send all your best players in the press box.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If the team risks getting HUMILIATED by a team like ottawa last year Id say tank
Im still pissed after last year.

They should plan on never making the playoffs again so they don't risk facing a hot goalie and losing in the 1st round.

The Oilers would never take such a gamble.

:sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This team must not buy players at deadline though, and sell which ever player not coming back next season. Cannot afford to let UFA walk.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Lol they won 6-1 two times, I dont care if Habs had 2 good games it doesnt matter in the end

The last game barely counts, we clearly didn't care anymore and Price was out.

The other game sure they dominated I guess idk. We dominated game 1 and 2, Anderson was lights out game 1, and the loss of eller was killer. Game 4 we should have won if it weren't for a kicked in goal and some weird icing calls. Go ahead and believe the score boxes tho, they're always right.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
We should tank every year. I know winning is fun but it's better to have a bunch of unproven 18 year old's on your team. Edmonton fans are loving it right now.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
A team should never "tank"; but, it would be nice to see the Canadiens trade some O25's for picks and prospects.

Avengers*

we need to draft a power forward. I heard that connor mcdavid kid is good. too bad he is in the 2015 class.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
You don't decide this so early in the season unless you are complete hopeless (See the Flyers, Sabres).

Such a terrible mentality to have. This is a game first, you don't screw over your fanbase by intentionally wasting a season.

Avengers*

We can continue to dream with the soft team we have. even if we make the playoffs any team will completely dominate us in every face of the game...

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
The last game barely counts, we clearly didn't care anymore and Price was out.

The other game sure they dominated I guess idk. We dominated game 1 and 2, Anderson was lights out game 1, and the loss of eller was killer. Game 4 we should have won if it weren't for a kicked in goal and some weird icing calls. Go ahead and believe the score boxes tho, they're always right.
Go ahead with your excuses if it makes you feel better, almost lost in 4 and you still find excuses. As I said, Habs had 2 good games but it wasnt enough.

Why the team didnt care anymore? Coach problem? I dont want another quick first round elimination. Humiliating performance is humiliating.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Tanking usually does not solve the problem, and besides, the French medial won't let you do that.

The team needs better management, but the French media limits those choices as well.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Try to trade Gionta (no trade contract), Markov (modified no trade), Bourque (modified no trade) and Diaz; buyout Desharnais.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Watch the games instead of the scoreboard. I'm not arguing about this again.

Keep on thinking losing 2/5 games 6-1 is good and stop quoting me then. They would have lost in 4 and you'd still be talking about their good performance, not enough sorry.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Is this the first Tank Thread of the season?

Never tank, life's too short. Play to win.

Agree with MXD also don't trade 2nds for rentals and let UFA walk for nothing anymore. Habs asset management was terrible in the '00s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad