Speculation: Should the Caps trade for Roberto Luongo?

Liberati0n*

Has there actually been a single instance of McPhee saying one thing and doing the exact opposite right afterward?

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
No.

Can you do something like we take his contract for 5 years and then Vancouver have to pay the rest? or can you only do a split per year?

Pretty certain it has to be an equal % throughout the contract (up to %50). Not as good as your suggestion, but there is a point where they could keep enough salary to make the deal attractive. If they kept 30% then the cap hit for the receiving team would only be 3.7M/yr....which is good, even with the term on the contract...

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Whoa. I went and read the Vancouver board for fun and legitimately half of them are/were talking deals like Forsberg and our #1 for Luongo.

Crazy Canadians.

I'm not sure which I enjoyed more - the Luongo threads or the Ovechkin threads. No one knows Caps players quite like anonymous posters who probably haven't seen the Caps play this year.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I voted no but if it were to happen there would have to be another deal in the works to ship out Neuvirth or Holtby or Vancouver is in the same situation they are in now. Plus Vancouver has Lack waiting in the AHL who would probably be the back up. I just can't see a situation where the Caps send Holtby back to Hershey if this happens. Grubauer needs that time to develop

Liberati0n*

He said that he wasn't going to do anything on July 1 hours before signing Joey Crabb.

Did he say he wasn't going to do anything, or "we don't anticipate being active tomorrow"?

rocketxav9

Jan 29, 2010
i think you guys should, Luongo is still a top 10 goalie in this league and could help the young holtby.

the question is what is Gillis asking for ?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Still nope.

I'd rather lose out the season and smile doing it than trade for any goalie.

Yeah definitely.

We don't need that contract first off and absolutely don't want to give up any good assets to get it.

This season sucks but we need to rebuild (are rebuilding actually) and need to let the young players go through growing pains and that includes the goalies.

Realistically we are looking at making a run the year after next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad