Should the Canes start playoffs with Nedeljkovic, Reimer or Mrazek?

ArthurNHL

Nov 12, 2017
gdfgr.jpg

image from: 2020-21 Carolina Hurricanes Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Discuss

Reactions: Tryamw

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I’m not concerned with which one of Mrazek and Ned starts game 1.

But I hope Rod stays with the regular rotation of Ned and Mrazek in the playoffs. They have played well in a platoon all year; there’s no reason to change that now because “it’s the playoffs and you need to stick with 1 goalie.” That’s the type of conventional old school hockey thinking that Dundon has been trying to challenge.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think if the Canes went 16-0 that Mrazek would start 14 of those, maybe all of them. But the team will be quick to go to Nedeljkovic if Mrazek or the team struggles.

Nedeljkovic adds an extra layer of offense with his ability to move to puck. So I could also see them going to him after a tough 1-0 loss.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I’m not concerned with which one of Mrazek and Ned starts game 1.

But I hope Rod stays with the regular rotation of Ned and Mrazek in the playoffs. They have played well in a platoon all year; there’s no reason to change that now because “it’s the playoffs and you need to stick with 1 goalie.” That’s the type of conventional old school hockey thinking that Dundon has been trying to challenge.
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH THIS NOTION.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I'm trying to ignore that last game from Petr and I'm hoping he can find his groove, b/c he would honestly be my first choice if he's healthy and gets the rust off. He's been amazing when healthy this year.

That being said, I'd feel great with a platoon situation and trust them both.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Petr feeds off home building energy well, so I'd go with him game 1. Then if he wins or plays very well in a loss (like a 2-1 loss where Nashville gets 30+ shots and a bunch of grade A's and we're all saying "Petr kept us in the game" well) you go with him game 2, otherwise it's Ned's turn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad