Should the Canes start playoffs with Nedeljkovic, Reimer or Mrazek?

ArthurNHL

Nov 12, 2017
That is the BEST Goalie TRIO in the playoffs this year. I'd start with Ned. He has been really really solid all year. Reimer is an insurance policy for injury issues with either of the 2 starters.
That may actually be true. If Vegas has the best goalie tandem does Carolina have the best threesome at net? First in mind comes Rask, Halak and Swayman. Any other teams that can be confident with all three?

ArthurNHL

Nov 12, 2017
I’m not concerned with which one of Mrazek and Ned starts game 1.

But I hope Rod stays with the regular rotation of Ned and Mrazek in the playoffs. They have played well in a platoon all year; there’s no reason to change that now because “it’s the playoffs and you need to stick with 1 goalie.” That’s the type of conventional old school hockey thinking that Dundon has been trying to challenge.

This is actually a very good point. Carolina is now known for challenging status quos in the NHL. As Ned started these playoffs should the Canes still choose rotation of goalies in the playoffs?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I don't see Mrazek starting tomorrow. He may not be fully healthy and lay another stinker like the last game of the season.

Nedeljkovic payed well enough to earn a win yesterday. I don't see them switching to Petr until Ned lays a stinker.

I agree-- if Petr's not fully healthy/ready better to let him sit for a bit until necessary. Would be shocked if we went with one goalie all postseason anyway.

Reactions: Tryamw

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
While on The Powerplay today, Brady Skjei was asked about the goalie situation. He diplomatically replied about how fortunate the team is to have 3 #1 goalies and options.

When asked about Ned specifically, he said he's earned his position with his play. Noted how Ned's defensive skills "helps them out a ton and keeps them from having to retrieve at the boards as often and prevents getting hammered into the glass so much." The hosts didn't really ask about Mrazek. Mostly, they spoke about the return of the fans, etc.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I would have sworn Mrazek and I would have been wrong. Clearly we're going to need two guys though, and hell maybe all three.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->