Proposal: Should the Blackhawks change their goal song

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Play the Chelsea Dagger refrain, then cut to an individualized song. Best of both worlds and changes it up. People still get to sing "da da da da da da" and we get Rock You like a Hurricane back.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It's era is over. Time for a new song for the new era. Detroit kept their playlist the same for decades, and it wasn't annoying, it was just lame.

I will say that the best argument to keep it is to annoy opposing fans.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I would like to hear a change. But it is not like I think that every time we score. Just.....yawn. It meant more when we were dominating.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
If they change it and they go on a tear piling up wins and cups I'm sure I'll love the new song as much as Chelsea Dagger. Chelsea Dagger is a good goal song but what makes it great is the memories that go along with it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm sure it annoyed the hell out of other fanbases when the Hawks were actually winning at a constant high pace (2010–2015). Not as much presently.

422i5u.jpg

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I have often thought that they could multiple songs matching the importance of the moment or lack thereof. Certain players could have their own song. I HATE Toronto's song. I love it as a song but hate hearing it in that setting.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I don't mid Chelsea Dagger but you know I think its time has come and gone. I say change it up

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I have often thought that they could multiple songs matching the importance of the moment or lack thereof. Certain players could have their own song. I HATE Toronto's song. I love it as a song but hate hearing it in that setting.

Toronto's song is the worst. It's such a dated song and doesn't fit a young team. It's a goal song for a white 58-year-old executive in the company box boppin' a long without finding the beat or spilling his beer.

It really has no energy. Worst goal song in the league.

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010
I blows my mind that some Hawks fans would want this changed during this T/K/K era.

How after 3 Cup runs do you not associate happiness and positive thoughts with the song?

I get the thought of retiring it when Toews and Kane are done, but to do it now is crazy to me. I still get shivers when I hear it and remember those Cup moments.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Yeah I'm on board for keeping CD.
Quite frankly it's the best goal song out there.
And if it aint broke don't fix it.
Now when Kane and Toews retire .. perhaps then .. perhaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad