Proposal: Should the Blackhawks change their goal song

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
I personally think its time to retire Chelsea dagger, although I wouldn't mind if they keep it. it has had a fantastic run but I think we need something fresh. With that being said, It would be awesome for it to be a tradition that when the hawks have a team that make a playoff run that they bring it out if retirement to rally the fans.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I thought they should of changed it after 08-09. But that was silly.

As for now, no. Unless they roll back into individual goal songs and I mean, more than rock me like a hurricane and Johnny be good.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The following are questions I've heard on several boards over the past month:

1. Should the Blackhawks retired 'Chelsea Dagger'?
2. Should the Crimson Tide bring back the white helmets?
3. Should the Chicago Bears change the design of their uniform?
4. Should the Chicago Bulls change the design of their uniform?

It's the same answer: A HARD NO. Why do people continue to insist on trying to improve on perfection?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I much prefer a single goal song vs individual player songs for goals as it keeps the emphasis on team vs player and provides consistency in the experience.
I can understand some wanting a change as CD has been around now for a decade or so ..
However it is in fact pretty much synonymous with the Kane Toews era and accomplishes the two most important tasks as a goal song ... charging up the fans and pissing off the opposition's team and fans.

Reactions: Giovi

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Yes.
Yes. A thousand times yes.
If I never hear the Hawks' frickin' goal song again it'll be too soon.
Other than that, I have no opinion, the matter. ;-)

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Nah. Most Hawks fans like or tolerate it and it annoys the f*** out of other fanbases. Pretty perfect in my book.

I'm sure it annoyed the hell out of other fanbases when the Hawks were actually winning at a constant high pace (2010–2015). Not as much presently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad