Should refs have quotas for calling penalties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I think the police should have quotas on giving op travel violations. Anything less than 3 a week is a fireable offense. In fact there should 2 cops and a prosecutor following you at all times.

Then Parros can post on hfboards why you did it and why you got fine 10,000 dollars for not following the law to the T.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
No.
Ok, so I have no issues with reffing during the regular season. The season is long and people make mistakes but for the most part I think they do a decent job. These playoffs...IDK. They are purposly looking the other way and I really don't like it. Why does there have to be a different rule book for the playoffs?? It really doesn't make sense to me

There are a LOT (I MEAN A f*** TON) of really, really, really late hits. I don't understand why they are not being called

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
mact.jpg

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
So they will hand out penalties just to make quotas? Think about that

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
In the Lightning-Blue Jackets series I noticed that the refs really put the whistles away especially in the last two games. Now a big part of that is that Columbus especially played a physical game pretty cleanly but still...

Since penalties happen all the time in hockey and many are straight up uncalled should the refs be made to have a quota of minimum amount of penalties called in a game (against each team)? It would add more excitement and offense.
Are you a cop? You have to say so if you are...

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
This has got to be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

So, you know... Congrats on that. lol

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Oh goodness no, that is a terrible idea.

What might be a novel idea, is the NHL creates clearly defined rules, and then the refs penalize anyone who does not follow them. Crazy I know, but I feel like that might be what a refs job is.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No, but they should call playoff games exactly as they would a regular season game.

The way things are now are bush league

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Would be hilarious to see no penalties called up until the last minute of play.
If I'm a player, I'll start slashing the other team's best player and put some mustard on those whacks. If there's going to be a penalty anyway, might as well get my money's worth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad