Should Peter DeBoer be on the hot seat?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
This was one of our best rosters in years and we're about to get bounced out of the first round. I get that we've been banged up and the players are the ones on the ice, but Pete and the staff should've gotten more out of this team. If they limp out of the playoffs they should clean house: special teams coaches, goaltending coaches, etc.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Yes Deboer absolutely deserves to be on the hot seat, he has done nothing with this team since his first year. They have been essentially even in the standings every year he has been here, and in his fourth year, with the best roster he has had, if he gets outcoached and outplayed by the same team/coach two years in a row, he should be gone.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
They have the worst goaltending duo in the NHL. I dont think people get how big of a deal that is. Just making the playoffs is extremely impressive with the lowest save % in the NHL. San Jose had .889 team save % this season.....

Next team to make the playoffs was Calgary with the 11th worst goaltending save %. So no team between 2nd-10th worst goaltending made the playoffs and Jones has been even worse in the playoffs. You dont win anything with goaltending that bad...

Reactions: Patty Ice

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I would like to see the Sharks play like a team that doesn't go out of it's way to score a touchdown because their goaltender is having a terrible season.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
This was one of our best rosters in years and we're about to get bounced out of the first round. I get that we've been banged up and the players are the ones on the ice, but Pete and the staff should've gotten more out of this team. If they limp out of the playoffs they should clean house: special teams coaches, goaltending coaches, etc.
Never say die

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It's not Deboers fault that San Jose hasn't been able to develop goalies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yes Deboer absolutely deserves to be on the hot seat, he has done nothing with this team since his first year. They have been essentially even in the standings every year he has been here, and in his fourth year, with the best roster he has had, if he gets outcoached and outplayed by the same team/coach two years in a row, he should be gone.

Well he could be getting the most out of the team he has. The team doesn’t have the best goaltending nor does it have elite skill up front.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They have the worst goaltending duo in the NHL. I dont think people get how big of a deal that is. Just making the playoffs is extremely impressive with the lowest save % in the NHL. San Jose had .889 team save % this season.....

Next team to make the playoffs was Calgary with the 11th worst goaltending save %. So no team between 2nd-10th worst goaltending made the playoffs and Jones has been even worse in the playoffs. You dont win anything with goaltending that bad...

I don’t think people get how the team playing a terrible defensive system affects the goaltenders. Martin Jones had the 3rd lowest 5-on-5 expected save percentage of 282 starting goaltenders since 2007-2008. Aaron Dell had the 5th lowest 5-on-5 expected save percentage among 566 starting or backup goaltenders since 2007-2008.

There’s a toxic relationship between the goaltenders and the defensive system that they play and DeBoer is largely at fault for that. Anybody absolving DeBoer of all blame because of the goaltenders is not paying close enough attention. Both goaltenders have declined in every single season they have played for the Sharks and that is not a coincidence.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Goaltending is atrocious. It’s hard to win every night when you’re forced to put up at least a minimum of 3-4 goals. Get a legit #1 goalie and they would be cruising through the playoffs.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I wasn't a fan of his style in NJ but I don't think he's a bad coach at all, SJ has other problems, that said, if Jones played like he did last night... they can win the series...

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Don't leave out the GM
Need to clear all the passengers off the deck aswell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad